What a CFC member look out for in CFC website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a CFC member look out for in CFC website

As a Chess player and Chess parent, I would like to share an insight what a active chess player and chess parent look out for in CFC official website :

1. Updated CFC rating every week ( Wed evening or Thu morning ). This has been done most of the time by Bob Gillanders although missed once in a while.
    2. FIDE rating - I would think if the information is out dated or wrong, please delete this information then. What's the point if the information is incorrect
    3. Tournaments to be listed clearly - This is not achieved as often times, the out dated tournaments are still there and you don't really see many tournaments listed there. Players would like to see a list of important tournaments for example norm tournaments or FIDE rated tournaments and any other tournaments which are of relevant to them
    4. CFCF rating calculator - this is very important as I think most players like to calculate their rating after each game or tournament. Latest good example is a player from Kitchener - MM. Well he has achieved a high of close to 2000 now. Congrats !
    5. Outdated information should be deleted from the website as far as possible. Any members of any organization would not like their association to have out dated website.
    6. An active forum - this has been replaced by Chess talk forum ( Chess and Math ). Too bad
    7. An updated Chess online magazine. This magazine is of good quality but often times outdated.

If the above can be improved, this will be much appreciated by all CFC members and hopefully will result in higher memberships.

Please add any other points a CFC member wants in CFC website.

I really hope CFC authorities will take heed of this posting and we look forward to a better website.

Cheers for a better tomorrow in Canada Chess.

Well, we have two World Champions in 2 years. That`s a fantastic achievement.

Gary Hua

Re: What a CFC member look out for in CFC website

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
    1. Updated CFC rating every week ( Wed evening or Thu morning ). This has been done most of the time by Bob Gillanders although missed once in a while.
    Excuse me! :( When did I miss a rating update?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      I believe it was two weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread Gary. I think your list is a great start.

Just to add a few points to your list:

1. Fully function members servicing (with login) tool.
        2. Up to date CFC handbook. Not sure how often the policy is updated.
        But it is important that updates are made on the website as soon as they are availabe.
        3 Mobile app or enhanced mobile web functionality.

Toto
        Last edited by Toto Surya; Wednesday, 1st October, 2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toto Surya View Post
          I believe it was two weeks ago.
          Wrong. There has been a weekly update of ratings each and every week.
          Sometimes there are specific tournaments that miss the update because of various technical problems.
          However, these are always followed up and corrected.

Comment

Wrong. There has been a weekly update of ratings each and every week.
            Sometimes there are specific tournaments that miss the update because of various technical problems.
            However, these are always followed up and corrected.
            Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Add more points here for both good and bad:
              1: good- one click to link the players' FIDE profile is pretty good!
              2: bad (or very bad) - extremely slow: when searching a player's info by typing in Last
              Name etc take long long time to get result back.
              3: bad: why still post these outdated pictures in the head page? So many
              Excited things and players everyday, why not post Anton, Razvan and Harmony pictures in the head page?

Comment

Add more points here for both good and bad:
                1: good- one click to link the players' FIDE profile is pretty good!
                2: bad (or very bad) - extremely slow: when searching a player's info by typing in Last
                Name etc take long long time to get result back.
                3: bad: why still post these outdated pictures in the head page? So many
                Excited things and players everyday, why not post Anton, Razvan and Harmony pictures in the head page?

Comment

Probably late....on Friday or Saturday instead of Thursday morning.

It has been great ever since Bob took over. I guess everyone can look forward to the updates every week and if there is any delay, Bob would update us too which is fantastic

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
                    Probably late....on Friday or Saturday instead of Thursday morning.

It has been great ever since Bob took over. I guess everyone can look forward to the updates every week and if there is any delay, Bob would update us too which is fantastic

Gary
                    Thank you Gary for the kind words, but.........the most tardy update has been thursday noon!
                    And by the way, the old tournaments have been purged from the website.
                    TD's / organizers - I need your help. Send in your tournament info for free advertising on website!
                    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 1st October, 2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

In the good old days, our rating updates appeared 6 times a year in the Bulletin.

Comment

Working...
                      X