Samuel Sevian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samuel Sevian

Boy, for a 14 year old he sure gives a good interview.

Comment

I was most interested in the role the Kasparov Foundation plays in supporting young Samuel. I played (and miraculously beat) its president, Michael Khodarkovsky, in a tournament a few years back. He has done some great work coaching American youngsters. Who is our Canadian equivalent???

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
        I was most interested in the role the Kasparov Foundation plays in supporting young Samuel. I played (and miraculously beat) its president, Michael Khodarkovsky, in a tournament a few years back. He has done some great work coaching American youngsters. Who is our Canadian equivalent???
        The CFC and those who work as chess instructors are our Canadian equivalent. The effectiveness of the two models are a different debate.

It was the same in the 1950's. The older players showed me how to play and my parents were responsible to pay my expenses if I went to an event. The opportunities for titles are available now.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Sam Sevian and Kayden Troff have been awarded the Samford Fellowship for 2015. Basically it pays all expenses for the year and allows them to do nothing but play chess if they want (international tournaments) for the foreseeable future. Its a huge cushion and means they can concentrate on playing opportunities so we'll be seeing alot of both of them in the chess press in the next two years. (I know this has been posted elsewhere but now its also posted here).

Comment

Working...
          X