Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Origins of the Penguin - the back story emerges

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    I understand you have demons. Your father favoured your brother. You identify with the losers. I understand. You need to come to a realization which everyone above a certain age soon comes to understand - Everything is not about you.

Except you insist in making it about me with your ad hominen attacks (that are hysterically off base, my brother will get a good laugh when he finds out our father favoured him and that I resent him, according to your all-knowing analysis).

Well, most of us here know ad hominen attacks are the last refuge of the defeated.

In a similar way we should celebrate all the games that no one wants to play like your chess variants I suppose.

What a flawed leap of logic. Celebrating both winners and losers -- i.e., all competitors -- in an event doesn't logically translate to celebrating all game ideas. I never wrote that we should celebrate the actual game play of all competitors. You exhibit such flawed reasoning, it's no wonder you have to continually quote others to make yourself appear bigger than you are. The little man behind the curtain again!

Normally, the market would decide what chess variants should be celebrated and which should not. Except that in FIDE's chess-as-a-cult world, no variant ever sees the light of day, so the market can't even come into play. But FIDE doesn't have a monopoly over the market for strategy games or even for chess, it's just that very few have made decent attempts to enter that market. I've posted before how flawed the efforts were from Bruce Harper and Yasser Seirawan with their S-Chess variant: they never even bothered to have a web site created where people could try playing the game!

You pretend to know whether anyone is playing my variants. Again, you just can't do anything right. And so when my main variant does launch and the results speak for themselves, you will be left eating crow. As for FIDE, well, let's just say FIDE is so slow they will never know what hit them.

Hey, I took your Shakespeare quote and updated it to apply to you:

“The devil can cite Shakespeare or Bowie or Cohen for his purpose.
    An evil soul producing unholy witness
    Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
    A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
    O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

How's your alternate federation coming along, Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
        blah blah blah
        Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
        That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
        And then is heard no more: it is a tale
        Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
        Signifying nothing.
        - Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
          How's your alternate federation coming along, Paul?
          He's watching the game,... controlling it,... while fudging his academic credentials.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/option-...by-paul-bonham

I'm not aware that Devry offers a diploma in Electronic Engineering. Devry doesn't seem to be aware of that either.

A diploma in Electronic Engineering Technology is something different. I would know since I have a diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering Technology. A technologist is not an engineer. HTH.
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Saturday, 25th October, 2014, 03:35 AM.

Comment

He's watching the game,... controlling it,... while fudging his academic credentials.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/option-...by-paul-bonham

I'm not aware that Devry offers a diploma in Electronic Engineering. Devry doesn't seem to be aware of that either.

A diploma in Electronic Engineering Technology is something different. I would know since I have a diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering Technology. A technologist is not an engineer. HTH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, I should have known you'd make that mistake.

Option Chess is not the variant that I will be launching as a for-profit venture. You should have realized that by the fact that I came out in public with Option Chess many months ago. Releasing Option Chess and its rules to the public precludes me from ever holding any control (trademarks, patents) on it.

I deliberately made Option Chess public because I don't want any control over it. You can even ask Louis Morin, with whom I've played 2 complete games of Option Chess. I told him very early on this was not the product I was working on in a for-profit and that I wanted no control over it. No WONDER you've been so smug about my variant. Oh, well, Vlad.... back to the drawing board! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The DeVry thing.... when I first came to the U.S., and years later when I applied for a Green Card, I had to supply proof of my education and what it was equivalent to in the U.S. So I went through the proper channels, and the DeVry campus in Phoenix AZ wrote me an official letter stating that I had the equivalant of a U.S. college Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering, and they compared their curriculum at the time (in their Electronics Engineering Associates Degree offering) to the curriculum I had taken, course by course. And that's what my resume still says today -- Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering. A full Bachelors Degree would have required much more academic work.

Keep in mind this was the mid-1990's when personal computers were just getting established and programmers of personal computers were in very short supply. I am self taught in software engineering, and today I often mentor US students with Masters and even PhD credentials in Computer Science. Well, I did up until a few years ago... no time for it lately.

Fudging my credentials.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The things little minds will resort to!
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

... I've played 2 complete games of Option Chess. ..
              Very impressive, TWO complete games.

How's the federation coming along?

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, I should have known you'd make that mistake.

Option Chess is not the variant that I will be launching as a for-profit venture. You should have realized that by the fact that I came out in public with Option Chess many months ago. Releasing Option Chess and its rules to the public precludes me from ever holding any control (trademarks, patents) on it.

I deliberately made Option Chess public because I don't want any control over it. You can even ask Louis Morin, with whom I've played 2 complete games of Option Chess. I told him very early on this was not the product I was working on in a for-profit and that I wanted no control over it. No WONDER you've been so smug about my variant. Oh, well, Vlad.... back to the drawing board! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                I already knew that from one of your previous posts.

The DeVry thing.... when I first came to the U.S., and years later when I applied for a Green Card, I had to supply proof of my education and what it was equivalent to in the U.S. So I went through the proper channels, and the DeVry campus in Phoenix AZ wrote me an official letter stating that I had the equivalant of a U.S. college Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering, and they compared their curriculum at the time (in their Electronics Engineering Associates Degree offering) to the curriculum I had taken, course by course. And that's what my resume still says today -- Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering. A full Bachelors Degree would have required much more academic work.
                So you admit to lying on your resume and on chessbase.com with respect to your credentials. Not a good career move. What else do you lie about? The line from your chessbase background blurb says "Diploma from DeVry Institute in Electronics Engineering". A more accurate description would be "Diploma from Devry Institute in Electronics Engineering Technology". Why the omission?

Keep in mind this was the mid-1990's when personal computers were just getting established
                Personal computers were well established by the mid-1990s. What alternate universe are you from?

and programmers of personal computers were in very short supply. I am self taught in software engineering, and today I often mentor US students with Masters and even PhD credentials in Computer Science. Well, I did up until a few years ago... no time for it lately.
                Yes your postings on chess talk must put a crimp in your mentoring.

Fudging my credentials.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                I wouldn't brag about it if I were you.

The things little minds will resort to!
                Yes, I am constantly amazed. What else do you lie about?
                Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Saturday, 25th October, 2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

So you admit to lying on your resume and on chessbase.com with respect to your credentials. Not a good career move. What else do you lie about? The line from your chessbase background blurb says "Diploma from DeVry Institute in Electronics Engineering". A more accurate description would be "Diploma from Devry Institute in Electronics Engineering Technology". Why the omission?
                  With what Paul has and his official letter from DeVry, I'd accept his credentials.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                    With what Paul has and his official letter from DeVry, I'd accept his credentials.
                    I accept his credentials as an Electronic Engineering Technologist with a diploma from Devry in Toronto. A letter from a branch office of Devry does not make him an engineer or give him a diploma that neither the Toronto branch of Devry nor any other branch apparently offers.

Comment

I am disappointed to see that only one of the three Quebec governors bothered to vote in the October online meeting. (I think it was the same at the Annual meeting for the incoming "voting members") Is there a way we (non "voting members") can see who actually "signed in" rather than just a bar chart?

Comment

28 voting members signed in, here are 24 of them. I may have missed someone...

David Gordon
                        Fred McKim
                        Halldor P. Palsson
                        Lee Hendon
                        Les Bunning
                        Lyle Craver
                        Mark S. Dutton, I.A.
                        Michael Barron
                        Paul Leblanc
                        Peter Stockhausen
                        Vlad Rekhson
                        Vladimir Drkulec
                        Bindi Cheng
                        Egidijus Zeromskis
                        Félix Dumont
                        Garland Best
                        Ilia Bluvshtein
                        Ken Craft
                        Ken Einarsson
                        Valer Eugen Demian
                        Sasha Starr
                        Lloyd Lombard
                        Hal Bond
                        Frank Lee

Comment

I accept his credentials as an Electronic Engineering Technologist with a diploma from Devry in Toronto. A letter from a branch office of Devry does not make him an engineer or give him a diploma that neither the Toronto branch of Devry nor any other branch apparently offers.

I couldn't care less what you accept or don't accept. U.S. Immigration accepted me into the U.S. to work with Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering credentials. Take it up with them. HAHAHAHAHA!

You should rethink leaving those "lying on my resume" comments here on this public forum. There are internet libel laws, and all it would take is an investor to see that comment and use that as a basis to withdraw their money from my project to give me grounds for a lawsuit against you, with damages in the several tens of thousands of dollars. I can't predict whether such an investor, seeing that opportunity, might make that decision in view of 'free' money coming from a lawsuit. But I can predict what I would do should that decision get made.

You're just pissed because that big PLONK! you've been saving up for months now turned out to be a dud. Tsk, tsk. Some people are just too 'smart' for their own good, lol!
                          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I couldn't care less what you accept or don't accept. U.S. Immigration accepted me into the U.S. to work with Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering credentials. Take it up with them. HAHAHAHAHA!

On the Chessbase site you wrote:
                            About the author Paul Bonham
                            Born in Toronto, Canada
                            Diploma from DeVry Institute in Electronics Engineering

DeVry doesn't offer a diploma in Electronics Engineering. They offer a diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology. There is a difference.

You should rethink leaving those "lying on my resume" comments here on this public forum. There are internet libel laws, and all it would take is an investor to see that comment and use that as a basis to withdraw their money from my project to give me grounds for a lawsuit against you, with damages in the several tens of thousands of dollars.
                            You claim a diploma from Devry that Devry doesn't offer. The only resume of yours that I have seen is the one offered on chessbase. Truth is an absolute defense in a libel case. HTH.

P.S. Its been 12 years since my last internet libel case in which I was an interested bystander. Has there ever been a case where an internet troll sued successfully?
                            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 27th October, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

You claim a diploma from Devry that Devry doesn't offer. The only resume of yours that I have seen is the one offered on chessbase. Truth is an absolute defense in a libel case. HTH.
                              Ahem.... the exact statement you posted here on ChessTalk:

"So you admit to lying on your resume and on chessbase.com with respect to your credentials."

It's not a question, it's a statement that I admit to lying, and it DISTINGUISHES between my resume and what is posted about me on chessbase.com. OOOOPS! For someone who likes to boast how beneath him everyone else is, you seem childishly weak.

Here is a summary of internet libel laws that would pertain, where I reside and my project will be based, the U.S.:

Technically, Defamation actionable at law follows this schema:
                              1. A false and defamatory statement regarding another;
                              2. Unprivileged publication of the claim to a third party;
                              3. Rising, in the case of matters of public concern, to at least negligence by the publisher, or worse; and
                              4. Damages to the subject.

There are also four subjects that if falsely dispersed as a fact about another person, are actionable on their face: Attacking a person's professional character /standing; Alleging an unmarried person is unchaste; Claims a person is infected with a sexually transmitted, or loathsome disease; Claims a person has committed a crime of moral turpitude.

The term "actionable on their face" means the plaintiff does not need to prove malicious intent.

P.S. Its been 12 years since my last internet libel case in which I was an interested bystander. Has there ever been a case where an internet troll sued successfully?
                              Your question is supposing that the person suing is a troll, but ignoring that for the moment, here is one answer to your question:

In November 2006, a Florida woman, Sue Scheff, was awarded $11.3 million in damages in Broward County Circuit Court, in one of the biggest awards ever tolled. The suit was filed for Internet defamation, and the jury found a Louisiana woman had posted caustic messages against the Scheff and her company, claiming she was a "con artist" and "fraud". The jury found the charges were completely false, so the Louisiana woman had no defense. Interestingly, Scheff's attorney had offered to settle the case for $35,000 before it went before the jury.

I'd do some editing if I were you. But if you refuse... you could make me very happy.

And by the way, thanks for that warning several months ago about your big PLONK! you were holding in reserve. I really needed the warning, LOL!

I couldn't help but ask myself: what kind of person would think that because an educational institution doesn't currently offer a particular programme, it must NEVER have offered such a program? That would be someone who thinks things never change. And why would someone think that? The answer jumped out at me: organized chess! Organized chess is all about preserving the status quo. Keep up the 'good' work, Vlad!
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Maybe you and Vlad should ask Larry Bevand to set up a private forum for just you two... either that or get a room.
                                Stop hijacking every thread.
                                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X