Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem

White to move

Please don't write moves till evening. Let others try to solve without a help :)

Re: A problem

g4? ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Love View Post
      g4? ...........
      I like that. ... But I was thinking of something more violent. :-)

The problem with problems like this is that you know there is something special to try. In a game it would pass me by, in a problem, it's the first move I look at.

Comment

Re5 with idea of Rh5 and Qh7? I saw a similar idea in a game I was looking at
        Shameless self-promotion on display here
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

The position is from my Monday evening game, when the head is not very trustworthy :)

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
          Re5 with idea of Rh5 and Qh7? I saw a similar idea in a game I was looking at
          I thought about it but could not calculate till mate :/ Only after the game we went through moving pieces when it was easy to sacrifice everything for nothing and to take moves back :) At home an engine confirmed that it was a nice winning continuation.

Originally posted by Dave Love View Post
          g4? ...........
          Thought about it too. Did not see anything concrete. To my disappointment an engine showed a variation g4 Raf8, g5 Kg5, Qh7 Rf2, Kh1! +- (if I recall correctly)

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
          The problem with problems like this is that you know there is something special to try. In a game it would pass me by, in a problem, it's the first move I look at.
          Yep. Thus, I moved Re2 thinking that a pawn and a e-file were enough for a win (it was :)

Comment

Working...
          X