Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Kid on the Block: Governor Reduction

Hi Jason:

We do get to agree on some things !! Thanks for posting your support.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
      Quite honestly, I can't figure out why someone is governor and doesn't vote on the issues. I also don't believe that people should automatically get to be 'governor for life' because of past services. Yes we all are thankful for people volunteering their time/effort, but I can't see why this should translate into a life governorship (kinda reminds me of the Canadian senate!). I don't think a 1/100 ratio of governor/member is unreasonable. If a province wants more votes then they should have a drive for more members! :) Large governments always become unwieldy.
      I suspect enough will vote on these motions to defeat them.

One of the reasons it's nice to be a governor is because being a governor of a charitible organization looks good on a job resume. It helps to get work. I had it put on my employment record when I was a governor and when I was involved in working with the CCCA. Community involvement is important with many large employers, or at least it was.

Without acceptance from Quebec, the CFC does not seem to be a national organization. The last I heard the Northern Ontario Chess League was associated with the Quebec Federation, rather than the CFC. Maybe that's changed but I didn't hear it had.

You make a good point, though. How much administration does it take to run an organization out of a Post Office Box?
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Hi Gary:

That will be the irony !! - as you have stated:

" I suspect enough will vote on these motions to defeat them. "

We'll see whether extinction ( sort of ) lights enough of a fire under them, that the governors bestir themselves !

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X