PwC Toronto Open - 125 Pre-registrations ( 5 GM's ) - You Have to April 14 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PwC Toronto Open - 125 Pre-registrations ( 5 GM's ) - You Have to April 14 !

What do you mean with please don't begrudge those who don't see the world through your eyes?

Comment

GM Conditions

Hi Larry:

In further correspondence with GM Anton Kovalyov, Brian Fiedler offered not only free registration to Anton, but free accomodation at the playing site hotel ( which he is giving to the three USA out-of-town GM's ). Brian indicated that he hoped he would see Anton at the tournament, but so far Anton has not indicated he is coming.

Bob

Comment

Re: PwC Toronto Open - 125 Pre-registrations ( 5 GM's ) - You Have to April 14 !

Come on, Anton, we (your fans) would like to see and watch you playing in this tournament. See you over there, then.
        :)

Comment

Re : Re: PwC Toronto Open - 125 Pre-registrations ( 5 GM's ) - You Have to April 14 !

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
          Come on, Anton, we (your fans) would like to see and watch you playing in this tournament. See you over there, then.
          I believe that Anton is hoping for more than empty words...

Comment

Hi, I received that offer just today...
            I asked about the other GMs because it's logical they didn't play for just free registration, like I was offered.
            So that seemed to me for only two reasons: there is no more money or simply I'm not respected like a chessplayer by the organization.

Comment

Great Tournament: PwC Toronto Open - 125 Pre-regs ( 5 GM's ) - April 14 Deadline

Hi Jean:

Brian has now offered Anton free entry, and 3 nights free accomodation at the very nice playing site Hotel at Yonge and King in downtown Toronto. This does not seem to be empty words.

There are now 5 GM's ( three foreign, including Nakamura ), 6 IM's, 6 FM's and a WIM. Where do you get that for a 5-round Canadian weekend tournament? And a guaranteed first prize of $ 3000 !

Seems a pretty good deal.

Brian would like to see Anton come.

Will we be seeing you there ( would be nice )?

Bob
              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 10th April, 2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

HI Brian and Bob,
                Have you tried to lure other good chess players - living in the GTA, like for instance FM.Roman Pelts?

Comment

Hi Caesar:

Brian has been marketing this tournament in the GTA for numbers of months ( since last year ) - and it is very high profile compared to the normal GTA tournaments - so I think most GTA'ers have to know about it by now!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Kovalyov Anton View Post
                    Hi, I received that offer just today...
                    I asked about the other GMs because it's logical they didn't play for just free registration, like I was offered.
                    So that seemed to me for only two reasons: there is no more money or simply I'm not respected like a chessplayer by the organization.
                    "Is there no more money or simply I'm not respected like a chessplayer by the organization?" Is this difficult question to answer?

Comment

Working...
                    X