World Chess Championship 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Chess Championship 2014

The first game will start this Saturday. Should be enough time for the poll :)

There will be 12 normal games and if needed tiebrieks. The poll only about those 12 games.

The poll is PUBLIC!
    Carlsen will make +3
    16.67%
    Carlsen will make +2
    41.67%
    Carlsen will make +1
    20.83%
    Equal
    4.17%
    Anand will make +1
    8.33%
    Anand will make +2
    4.17%
    Anand will make +3
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Sunday, 2nd November, 2014, 09:53 PM.

Re: World Chess Championship 2014

+4 or even +5 for Carlsen is more likely than +3 for Anand. However, we don't have this option.

Comment

Sorry, did not want to make too many options and then missed >= +4. I don't have a possibility to edit it now. (Maybe moderators/administrators have this option)

Though you can post your guess just don't edit it later.

ELO math:
      Carlsen 2863 and Anand 2792. Diff = 71. The FIDE rating table gives 0.6-0.4 ( https://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.h...2&view=article )

For 12 games: 7.2-4.8 or 7-5 >> +2 for Carlsen.

This is just a poll (not a betting thingy), and it would be greater that everybody express their opinions how players will try to go through it.

I hope that Magnus Carlsen will manage to win the match by pressing hardly with White that Vishy Anand will have no energy with White :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        I hope that Magnus Carlsen will manage to win the match by pressing hardly with White that Vishy Anand will have no energy with White :)
        I wouldn't bet a lot of money on Carlsen winning the match. Even considering it's chess, winning the championship and retaining it in a rematch are not an exact science.

We'll soon find out if Carlsen won the championship or rented it for one cycle.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Congrats to Magnus Carlsen who won the match, and made happy +2 voters :)

Comment

Magnus might have made +3 had the match not been ended before game 12, albeit as per the rules.
            Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
            Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
              Magnus might have made +3 had the match not been ended before game 12, albeit as per the rules.
              Well he would have finished +3 but that nasty Anand had the nerve to beat him in a match game.

Comment

Working...
              X