IM Razvan Preotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM Razvan Preotu

Following the Guelph Pro-Am tournament last weekend, the updated CFC ratings have advanced Burlington junior Razvan Preotu to 6th place in the national standings. And in view of his GM performances in has last two tournaments - the World Open and the Spice Cup Masters - one can only assume his rating will continue to climb.
    http://chess.ca/players
    Congratulations to Razvan for his success and to his Dad Rene for his unstinting support in sponsoring him to tournaments.
    We will also be staging a Rapid tournament to honor Razvan's gaining the International Master title which will be confirmed by Monday at the FIDE Congress in Sochi now under way.
    The special Rapid tournament will be on November 22 and will have a complimentary buffet as well as money added to the prizes. More details will be posted soon on ChessTalk.

Re: IM Razvan Preotu

Congratulations Razvan!!

Comment

Vlad, that's a wonderful post. If I lived in the GTA, I would have attended. Razvan and Rene are class acts!

Congrats guys !!

Comment

Congratulations Razvan!What an incredible rise
        to the top.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	185785

IM (after the presidential meeting, http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2613280 lists a yes today, instead of open) and (apparently) Leafs fan Razvan Preotu show a couple of us at the cafeteria his 1st round game at the Guelph ProAm. For other details on that game and a few others, please see the local chess newsletter about how Qxf4 had failed (to Bxb5, winning a pawn, he said).

[Event "Fall ProAm"]
          [Site "U of Guelph"]
          [Date "Nov 1, 2014"]
          [Round "1"]
          [White "Razvan Preotu"]
          [Black "Richard Chen"]
          [Result "1-0"]

1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 c5 4. Ngf3 cxd4 5. exd5 Qxd5 6. Bc4 Qd6 7. O-O a6 8.
          Ne4 Qc7 9. Qxd4 Nc6 10. Qc3 b5 11. Bf4 Qb6 12. Bb3 a5 13. Ne5 Bb7 14. Nxf7 Nd4
          15. Qe3 Nf6 16. Be5 Nxe4 17. Bxd4 Qc6 18. Nxh8 a4 19. Bxe6 Qxe6 20. f3 Qg8 21.
          fxe4 Qxh8 22. Qg5 Bc6 23. Qe5+ Be7 24. Bc5 O-O-O 25. Qxe7 Qe8 26. Qxe8 Rxe8 27.
          Rf8 Rxf8 28. Bxf8 g6 29. e5 Kd7 30. Rd1+ Ke8 31. Rd6 Bd7 32. e6 Bxe6 33. Rxe6+
          Kxf8 34. Rb6 a3 35. bxa3 Kg7 36. Rxb5 h5 37. a4 Kh6 38. a5 h4 39. a6 h3 40. a7
          hxg2 41. a8=Q Kg7 42. Qe8 Kh7 43. Qf8 g5 44. Rb6 g4 45. Rh6#
          1-0

Comment

In case there was any doubt,
            this email received by CFC office at 4am this morning,

Dear Sirs,

Please find below decisions on Titles Applications approved by Presidential Board:

IM
            Preotu, Razvan YES

Thank you.

Best regards,
            Irina Adyanova
            Elista FIDE Office

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              IM
              Preotu, Razvan YES
              Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Congrats!!!
                Hi Razvan:

Congrads on the IM.

You have already shown that the GM for you is a most reasonable goal......GO FOR IT!

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  In case there was any doubt,
                  this email received by CFC office at 4am this morning,

Dear Sirs,

Please find below decisions on Titles Applications approved by Presidential Board:

IM
                  Preotu, Razvan YES

Thank you.

Best regards,
                  Irina Adyanova
                  Elista FIDE Office
                  Congratulations to Razvan on another milestone achieved. I am sure the GM title will come in short order.

Comment

Yes congratulations IM Razvan and I was lucky enough to see one of your GM norm performances live! - and very well done! (all the games impressed me)

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                      Yes congratulations IM Razvan and I was lucky enough to see one of your GM norm performances live! - and very well done! (all the games impressed me)
                      One again, my sincere congratulations to you, Razvan for your achievement.

Comment

I am wondering what future tournaments Razvan Preotu will be playing in.

Comment

Working...
                        X