trash talking in chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trash talking in chess

http://en.chessbase.com/post/showdown-in-saint-louis Check out the ultimate in the video in this article. GM Yasser Seirawan vs GM Levon Aronian in speed chess. Now that is how gentlemen trash talk in chess (known also as kibitzing). Ive watched it several times and really enjoyed it every time.

Re: trash talking in chess

Thanks, Hans. Delightful.

Comment

That was a lot of fun to watch!

Comment

The only thing I got out of that video... do not play Qa4 against the Caro-Kann, even if it's a free move!

Comment

The largest amount of trash talking in chess seems to be related to chess openings. There is not one defence to 1.e4 or 1.d4 I can think of offhand that has not been put down in some way by some GM, at least in print, already. That goes double for post-mortems with players at lower levels. Or for posters on chesstalk. ;)
          Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
          Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
            The largest amount of trash talking in chess seems to be related to chess openings. There is not one defence to 1.e4 or 1.d4 I can think of offhand that has not been put down in some way by some GM, at least in print, already. That goes double for post-mortems with players at lower levels. Or for posters on chesstalk. ;)
            I always find it amusing when players of my (C class) strength insist with absolute certainty that certain opening variations 'lose by force' (not talking about book traps that allow mate or lose a piece or more). Even if they are right theoretically, they probably have trouble proving it over the board, with the clock ticking.

Comment

Working...
            X