Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly chess anyone?

Play some friendly chess tonight?
    Our Wednesday social chess night is going strong! - now at our new location: the Unicorn Pub at 175 Eglinton East. Check it out >>>>>>>http://www.meetup.com/TheUnicornPub-...scroll=trueime
    Most games start at 6 pm but come any time after 4:00.

C U
    Vlad D

Re: Friendly chess anyone?

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
    Play some friendly chess tonight?
    Our Wednesday social chess night is going strong! - now at our new location: the Unicorn Pub at 175 Eglinton East. Check it out >>>>>>>http://www.meetup.com/TheUnicornPub-...scroll=trueime
    Most games start at 6 pm but come any time after 4:00.

C U
    Vlad D
    Is friendly chess the variant where you don't capture your opponent's pieces or don't make any threats?

Comment

Re : Re: Friendly chess anyone?

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
      Is friendly chess the variant where you don't capture your opponent's pieces or don't make any threats?
      Something like that, Hugh. Since the male/female ratio is 1:1, you find an opponent who attracts you and play nice!

Comment

Re : Re: Friendly chess anyone?

.................and if all the good-looking women are taken, you mosey on over to the backgammon games and try your luck with dice :)

Comment

Re: Friendly chess anyone?

"Friendly chess" is different from what one of our Montreal players calls "military chess" - i.e. touch move, no knocking over pieces, no clock banging (if using one), etc.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Friendly chess anyone?

Something like that, Hugh. Since the male/female ratio is 1:1, you find an opponent who attracts you and play nice!
            Females! I've spoken to some in the past. Lovely creatures! Awfully skittish though.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Friendly chess anyone?

.................and if all the good-looking women are taken, you mosey on over to the backgammon games and try your luck with dice :)
              Is it friendly backgammon or just the regular variety? Last time I checked it out I suppose it was the latter. After trying to figure out what the bamboozle was going on after a few games and asking what happened at the conclusion of one the guy who stood up snapped back ''What do you think happened?'' Charming! I guess once his opponent wanted to start playing with the bigger dice he wanted none of it.

Comment

Working...
              X