One Day events which time control would you prefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Day events which time control would you prefer

Just trying to get a sense of what time controls players prefer for a 1 day event
    Thanks Lee Hendon
    Active 25min +5 bonus
    66.67%
    Active Sd 30 min
    0.00%
    Regular Sd 30 min +30 bonus
    12.50%
    Regular Sd 60 Sd
    4.17%
    Regular 55 +5 bouns
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Lee Hendon; Saturday, 10th January, 2015, 12:01 AM.

Re: One Day events which time control would you prefer

I like 25 5, It's nice to have a short increment at least, and 25 minutes gives you some time to think.

Comment

Lee, thank you for the poll.
      The last tournament in Campbellville (Nov 2014), Gord and I tried a new time control, 90 minutes plus 10 seconds instead of the usual 90 minutes plus 30 seconds. It worked well for us, and we believe the players liked it too, although we haven't received a lot of feedback. But perhaps, no news is good news. :)

I will take this poll as evidence that there is support for smaller increments for both short and long time controls. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Lee, thank you for the poll.
        The last tournament in Campbellville (Nov 2014), Gord and I tried a new time control, 90 minutes plus 10 seconds instead of the usual 90 minutes plus 30 seconds. It worked well for us, and we believe the players liked it too, although we haven't received a lot of feedback. But perhaps, no news is good news. :)

I will take this poll as evidence that there is support for smaller increments for both short and long time controls. :)
        Not really. For one day tournament which is active tournament, 25+5 is great.

For two days or even longer standard CFC/FIDE games, small increment (10 seconds instead of 30 seconds) is terrible. In Campbellville, top 2 seeds in Elite section Yuri and Micheal were all wiped out because of the too short time increment.

Rene and Egis replied to the survey about suggesting to be FIDE rated plus increse increment to 30 seconds are all great!

Comment

Working...
        X