Kitchener Groundhog Active Saturday January 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchener Groundhog Active Saturday January 31st

Active tournament (time control 25 minutes + 10 sec Bronstein) at Kitchener City Hall Saturday January 31st. 5 rds
    First round at 10 am (registration 9am) Entry Fee $30 edthompson@netflash.net

Re: Kitchener Groundhog Active Saturday January 31st

Will there be a prize for this tournament? Also what kind of sections are they looking at?

Comment

Of course prizes. Prizes will be roughly 70% of total entries (the usual) and probably two sections (under 1600) unless there is a very low turnout. However I am not the organizer but that is based on my experience of these events. If you need further info please email Ed at address above.

Comment

Andrew Peredun finished first with a relatively easy 5-0. I (Hans Jung) finished 2nd with 4 losing only to Andrew. I think Dennis Shamroni was top under 1800.

Comment

Yeah I didn't do so well +2 -3. Round 1 i beat a 1650, round 2 as expected I lost to Andrew. I really should've won in round 3 (against a 2030 or so) which probably would've prevented my loss in round 4. (I played as black 1. c4 d5?! 2. cxd5 e6?! 3. dxe6 Bxe6 so yeah, I should've played the agressive king's Indian type of approach to make it complex but i didn't.). Then I barely won in round 5 against a 1960 so my pairing were quite tough. 3 blacks didn't help anything either. It's really a tough section! If it had been a U1700 section (the section I played in the last rapid) I probably wouldn't have lost any of the positions I had. When it's an open it's fun, but very very difficult.

Comment

Just to clarify everyone played in the same section, the U1800 prize (or was it U1700?) was for the best score for someone in that rating section.

Comment

Working...
            X