Freechess.org server in Quebec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freechess.org server in Quebec?

A posting on the CFC Governor's board (viewable by all) mentions that the freechess.org server is (or will be) based in Quebec. Does anyone know about this? Possibly they got a good deal with Kahnawake (Native reserve) near Montreal which hosts a number of poker (and other game) servers.

When you go to https://www.site24x7.com/find-website-location.html and type in www.freechess.org (or fics.freechess.org), it shows Montreal as the "location".

Re: Freechess.org server in Quebec?

Yes they moved to Montreal a few months ago. My connection is fantastic now and am considering playing in their teamleague.

BTW I'm "Mapleleaf" on fics.

Comment

Re: Freechess.org server in Quebec?

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      A posting on the CFC Governor's board (viewable by all) mentions that the freechess.org server is (or will be) based in Quebec. Does anyone know about this? Possibly they got a good deal with Kahnawake (Native reserve) near Montreal which hosts a number of poker (and other game) servers.

When you go to https://www.site24x7.com/find-website-location.html and type in www.freechess.org (or fics.freechess.org), it shows Montreal as the "location".
      Under the direction of Vlad I spent some time contacting most of the major chess servers. It was a positive experience. I think Vlad may be posting the information today on the CFC board.
      I had contacted Fics twice. No response. I was informed after I had attempted contact with Fics that they had had experience with the CFC before and that it was likely they did not want anything to do with the CFC now. I don't really know though because, as I said, they wouldn't talk to me.

Just wanted to add that every server I had contacted replied enthusiastically within 24 hours. I contacted Fics twice over a 2 week period.
      Last edited by Scott Richardson; Tuesday, 3rd February, 2015, 02:37 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
      X