Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FIDE titles!

Almost 4 decades ago, Botvinnik predicted the path to
    achieving one of the new FIDE titles in "Achieving the AIM"!

http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.ht...9&view=article

Only missing patzer title now is.....
    Woodpusher International Master Player,
    geddit? lol !

Re: New FIDE titles!

Yet another sign that the FIDE admins have gone SENILE!

Comment

I get a chuckle out of the fee structure. Claiming a PT (patser title) doesn't come free.

It reminds me of the late 1960's I think it was. Rochdale College was a failed experiment in learning. It can probably be googled.

As luck would have it, none of the people I worked with wanted to go there (I worked for a utility). It took a half day and someone had to go once a week. The work took about 10 minutes but the equipment was in a locked room and it was necessary to go to the office and wait until they got someone to accompany and unlock the doors. I got that job and had fun doing it.

While I was there, many times I was offered a diploma for a price. Pretty much anything I wanted. Sometimes there was a guy just inside the door of the building selling diplomas. I never took him up on any of the diplomas but they sure looked nice and all that had to be filled in was my name. I often had fun negotiating the fee before deciding not to buy one.

Looking back at how the college worked out I kind of wished I had bought one.

The last time I went back after the college residence had been closed down it was a residence for elderly people. If only the walls could talk about the college days.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Very clever cash grab, IMO. People are obsessed with ratings and titles.

Comment

Am I readying this right? I could go online and play a couple hundred fast games and be an "Arena International Master" ?
          Christopher Mallon
          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
            Am I readying this right? I could go online and play a couple hundred fast games and be an "Arena International Master" ?
            I think you are omitting a few requirements. Like paying the necessary fee and being a member their online organization.....$$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
            X