Congratulations to Jonathan Yu and Victor Plotkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Jonathan Yu and Victor Plotkin

To Victor for picking up a well deserved IM norm and playing at GM strength for at least 6 rounds and to Jonathan Yu for a dream tournament and showing that he can play with the international stars.

Re: Congratulations to Jonathan Yu and Victor Plotkin

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    To Victor for picking up a well deserved IM norm and playing at GM strength for at least 6 rounds and to Jonathan Yu for a dream tournament and showing that he can play with the international stars.
    Congratulations to Mr. Plotkin! I admire his playing style, and find it interesting his son, Mark, has a completely different playing style to him!

But guys, guys. I don't think it's the same Jonathan Yu we know and love. For our Jonathan recently gave away many of his chess books and got Armanded and Wiebenated in the recent ACC Snow Squall Swiss, likely withdrawing with his tail between his legs, and probably now wandering the streets of Toronto with a bottle of Jack's. But if anyone does see him, let him know of this guy with the same name as him in Mueller's Endgame column on ChessBase where it states Jonathan was "positioned for an IM norm", maybe that will cheer him up :D
    Last edited by Hugh Siddeley; Thursday, 5th February, 2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Great to see Victor getting a well-deserved IM norm. He's one of the friendliest players I've ever met and I always thought he had the endgame technique to compete with the best. I'm happy to see him perform at a high level on the world stage, I only hope that when I get to his age I can still play at such a consistent level.

And Jonathan, a fellow Hart Houser who we (HHCC) hahaha who am I kidding, I'll rag on this fella when I get back to Toronto. Congrats to both!
      Shameless self-promotion on display here
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
        I only hope that when I get to his age I can still play at such a consistent level.
        Are you implying Victor's old, Bindi?! He's only 46, not that old, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
          Are you implying Victor's old, Bindi?! He's only 46, not that old, LOL
          Hi Bindi:

I'm old.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
          X