Cappelle La Grande 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cappelle La Grande 2015

The world's strongest IM, Germany's Matthias Bluebaum (2576), seems determined to retain that status (:

His 6.5/9, good enough for 18th place (the only IM in the top 34), translated into a 2598 TPR, 2 points shy of a GM norm ):

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
      Here's the final 'Crosstable'. Kevin finished 22nd, Razvan 81st, and Qiyu 233rd.

Kevin finished tied for 5 to 22nd. It looks like after a rough couple of rounds he made a very nice comeback but unfortunately didn't have enough tie break points to finish higher than 22nd.

Kevin makes high finishes in strong events look routine. Congrats, Kevin!
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

The world's strongest IM, Germany's Matthias Bluebaum (2576), seems determined to retain that status (:

His 6.5/9, good enough for 18th place (the only IM in the top 34), translated into a 2598 TPR, 2 points shy of a GM norm ):
        Jack

He's already a GM and waiting for the next FIDE board meeting. He has 4 GM norms. Check his FIDE card

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
          Jack

He's already a GM and waiting for the next FIDE board meeting. He has 4 GM norms. Check his FIDE card
          So I guess the strongest IM moniker will then pass to fellow German, 16-year-old Alexander Donchenko, currently rated 2569 (:

Comment

So I guess the strongest IM moniker will then pass to fellow German, 16-year-old Alexander Donchenko, currently rated 2569 (:
            Not really. Check his FIDE card too. One more try :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
              Not really. Check his FIDE card too. One more try :)
              I think I can avoid strike 3 if I follow your advice, Rene (:

I see now that Donchenko picked up his 3rd and final GM norm last month and has duly applied for his GM title. Indeed, all 3 of the German IMs on FIDE's March 1 Top Juniors list have "open" GM applications. That means that the highest rated IM baton will pass to the 4th highest rated IM therein, Olexandr Bortnyk (2543), from the Ukraine.

Tangentially, Bortnyk will be an IM with a Rapid rating of 2627 and a Blitz rating of 2764, a point higher than Kramnik's 2763. It would appear he may wear his new strongest IM hat rather well (:

Comment

Working...
              X