Ottawa CYCC Qualifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa CYCC Qualifier

Aris Marghetis asked me to post this (sorry I am late but couldn't get on for the last few days):

CYCC Qualifier in Ottawa will be Easter Monday at the Walter Baker Centre in Barrhaven. More information will be coming in the next few days.
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Ottawa CYCC Qualifier

Courtesy refresh. :)

Comment

Ottawa Easter Monday Camp & CYCC Qualifier (rated CMA & CFC Active)

Event Name : Ottawa Easter Monday Camp & CYCC Qualifier
      Easter Monday : 2015-04-06
      Nepean Location : Walter Baker Centre, 100 Malvern, 2nd floor, Cafeteria
      Rounds Details : 5 @ 25mins+5secs (probably Swiss vs. Round-Robin)
      Cash or Cheque : $45

Special Prizes : About (at least?!) half the players will qualify for the 2015 CYCC in Windsor :
      http://www.windsorchess.com/CYCC2015/index.php

Registration Info : In person onsite, cash or cheque, ideally before 10am. Lunch break around 12noon.
      Site opens at 8am, tournament games should be done by 4pm, site closes by 6pm.

Thank you, and best regards,

Aris Marghetis, IA/IO
      arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Comment

Re: Ottawa Easter Monday Camp & CYCC Qualifier (rated CMA & CFC Active)

Hi again, there seems to be a little bit of confusion regarding when we'll actually start tomorrow ...

In a nutshell :

8am : I arrive to set up, so this is the earliest players could be registered, dropped off, etc.
        9am : I expect most players will arrive at about this time, register, pay, parents leave, etc.
        10am : This is the latest that the 1st round would start, depending on registrations so far.
        11am : target time for the 2nd round
        12noon : lunch break, bughouse, simul, etc.
        1pm : target time for the 3rd round
        2pm : target time for the 4th round
        3pm : target time for the 5th round
        4pm : I expect that most of the parents would start picking up their children by this time.
        5pm : In previous years, very few, if any, children are picked up any later than this time.
        6pm : This is the latest time that I would like close down the location, all kids picked up!

Comment

Hi Aris,

I really appreciate the work you are doing in Ottawa...and that you are making the CMA part of it! Is it possible for the CMA part of these events that you include the school...as that is an essential part of the CMA program :)

Thanks,

Larry

Comment

I hear ya. I've been doing it for Brad's regional events, but going through that picklist with only one-letter-seeding can be daunting at time lol. OK, I'll do it more! :)

Comment

Hi chess families, right after the event, I submitted the results, with my recommendations for the resulting qualifiers. Earlier this week, I received one confirmation on my proposals, but I'm still waiting for other confirmations from key people, before we can publicly post the qualifiers. Sorry about this, but I'm waiting similarly to yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                Hi chess families, right after the event, I submitted the results, with my recommendations for the resulting qualifiers. Earlier this week, I received one confirmation on my proposals, but I'm still waiting for other confirmations from key people, before we can publicly post the qualifiers. Sorry about this, but I'm waiting similarly to yourselves.
                Sorry again, but I'm still waiting on one person to approve these qualifiers. As soon as I receive that email confirmation, I will happily post the names here and at the CFC.

Comment

Chess families, we've now received approval for these qualifiers (all our recommendations were accepted). These will also be posted on the CFC/CYCC Qualifier webpage :

U16 - Jeff Zhang
                  U14 - Terry Ju
                  U14 - Neerav Mullur
                  U14G - Caroline Chen
                  U12 - Larry Ju
                  U12 - Ethan Wu

U10 - David Gan
                  U10 - Yaorui Xu
                  U10 - Dion Huang
                  U10 - Shougan Gu
                  U10 - Richard Feng
                  U10 - Alex Stopic