Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW chess club in downtown Toronto

Greetings,

I invite all caliber of players to the Daniels Spectrum this Wednesday, April 8th, from 5pm-8pm for some casual and/or blitz chess.

The club is in its infancy. We have (at least) 7 regulation tournament sets (one donated by myself, the other six by the Chess Institute of Canada) and at the moment several keen amateurs. The playing area is fantastic! There is a coffee bar with snacks and refreshments right next to the tables, if you scroll down on their homepage you will see it.

The Daniels Spectrum has the potential of hosting major tournaments in Toronto. See their website for photos by clicking on the link above. I hope to see you there tomorrow!
    Last edited by Hugh Siddeley; Tuesday, 7th April, 2015, 02:01 PM.

Re: NEW chess club in downtown Toronto

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
    Greetings,

I invite all caliber of players to the Daniels Spectrum this Wednesday, April 8th, from 5pm-8pm for some casual and/or blitz chess.

The club is in its infancy. We have (at least) 7 regulation tournament sets (one donated by myself, the other six by the Chess Institute of Canada) and at the moment several keen amateurs. The playing area is fantastic! There is a coffee bar with snacks and refreshments right next to the tables, if you scroll down on their homepage you will see it.

The Daniels Spectrum has the potential of hosting major tournaments in Toronto. See their website for photos by clicking on the link above. I hope to see you there tomorrow!
    Well the rain and miserable weather may have put a slight damper on things last Wednesday but there was still a reasonable turnout. We're back at it this Wednesday and the forecast is good. Come by anytime after 5:30pm why don't you for some casual or blitz chess. See the link above for photos of the site. Just a quick ride on the Dundas streetcar will get you there.

Comment

How is the club going Hugh?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        How is the club going Hugh?
        Early days yet, so it's yet to establish its identity. It's a beautiful day today so it may be possible to play on the patio! Come one, come all, today 6pm onward for some casual and/or blitz chess! See the top thread for more info. And just a reminder once again that it's only a short streetcar trip east from Dundas station.

Comment

Working...
        X