chess on cfrb talk show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chess on cfrb talk show

Listening to CFRB 1010 am talk show discussing your inner geek referring to school chess clubs in Kitchener.

Re: chess on cfrb talk show

Opps wrong station it was 640. Host Mike Stafford was on the winning Reach for the Top team in 1977. He also played in the chess club. I think his school, Peel, won the Ontario High School Team Ch. in 1975 with master Martin Buchholz.

Comment

No mention of Mike Stafford's name on any CFC annual list from 1974-78. There is a very brief report on the 1975 OHS team tournament, with no mention of Peel - but Buchholz was the top U16.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
        No mention of Mike Stafford's name on any CFC annual list from 1974-78. There is a very brief report on the 1975 OHS team tournament, with no mention of Peel - but Buchholz was the top U16.
        Maybe it was 1976. I was the TD and published a polaroid photo of the winning team.

Comment

I think the host was quoting Patrick in an article in today's paper http://m.therecord.com/sports-story/...nd-discipline/

Comment

I found the 1976 article and photo in the Jul-Aug 1976 CFC "Bulletin". Central Peel (Brampton) were the winning team - D. Price, G. Fauland, N. Mikloska, and M. Buchholz. Tom Schmidt won the individual title. "In round 6, two experienced players were caught trying to fix a game." Both players were forfeited. Was this another Pajak incident?

"Erik Malmsten did a fine job as assistant tournament director". (Peter Hess was the chief TD).

Comment

Working...
            X