2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list

We are currently at 40 entries including GM Bator Sambuev, GM John Fedorwicz and U14G World Champion WFM Qiyu Zhou.
    See the entire list at Ontario Open website and see the Advanced Entries option. Feel free to add to the entrant lists by using the Tournament Details page and following the Pre-registration routine and/or pre-pay with the PayPal routine.;)

I thought it would be easy to paste/post the actual list here, but the site won't allow me to upload files of any type jpg, gif or xls. If there are any gurus out there, I'm not a novice, but this stymied me.
    Last edited by Rob Gashgarian; Monday, 20th April, 2015, 12:10 AM. Reason: link colour to blue

Re: 2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list

Just paste an image of the list here.

for Open section

Somebody should have a txt list too. It is easier to copy+paste.

Comment

Thanks Egis:
      For some reason, it won't let me upload anything, no matter the file type or the file size. When I pasted the text, it does the usual 'remove the white space' and the table would lose all the columnar readability.
      In my defense, it was late and my mind may not have been working properly, but like I said I go to advanced edit, select a file to upload, the bar moves like it's uploading, then it errors out. I have had success with uploading in the past, but for some reason it's tilting this time, both from home and work.
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Gashgarian View Post
        Thanks Egis:
        For some reason, it won't let me upload anything, no matter the file type or the file size. When I pasted the text, it does the usual 'remove the white space' and the table would lose all the columnar readability.
        In my defense, it was late and my mind may not have been working properly, but like I said I go to advanced edit, select a file to upload, the bar moves like it's uploading, then it errors out. I have had success with uploading in the past, but for some reason it's tilting this time, both from home and work.
        Rob
        As you have a picture already posted on your website, don't bother with uploads. Just get a link to that picture and use IMG tag.
        IMG]http://home.primus.ca/~rgash//2015ontarioopen/images/advanced%20entries1_05.JPG[/IMG
        first "[" and last "]" removed

Comment

Thanks--I will try that tonight.

Comment

40 players already! Awesome beginnings Rob. I am working the Guelph clubbers - we should have a few.

Comment

Make that 43, and the majority of those are paid in advance. Shaping up to be a great event. We will still have at least one other GM in the field, TBA.

Comment

2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list April 25

We're at 45 now, with registrations still coming in. Thank you Egis, this works perfectly

Comment

Playing up one section

We want to mention that to play up a section, we will accept the higher of all the recognized ratings i.e. CFC, FQE, FIDE and USCF.
                  That highest rating will still need to be within 100 points of the rating floor for that section.
                  A $20 dollar fee will apply.
                  Last edited by Rob Gashgarian; Saturday, 25th April, 2015, 11:42 PM. Reason: Created another post above relating to the Blitz event

Comment

We are now at 50 entries, growing a bit every day. We hope to announce another GM in the coming days. Visit the website for updates.

2015 Ontario Open

Comment

Here's the current list at 50. Keep those cards and letters coming :)

Comment

You should mention that the hotel direct number is 519-758-9999. If you use the website they charge you the full amount ahead of time and you don't get the discount. The difference was 39.00 with taxes. By my calculation approximately two chess books.
                        Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 30th April, 2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

If anyone has booked a room at the Quality Inn, using the online portal, let me know and I will have them include you with the chess discount pool.
                          Email me at 2015Ontarionopen [at] gmail.com

Comment

I have updated the website with the direct line to the hotel, which is now the best way to book.

Comment

We have reached 60 pre-registered players. With two weeks to go, I feel confident at getting to 100, but we are aiming for 130 and hoping for 150. Still possible. With 3 GMs, 5 other FIDE titled players, a lecture from John Ferderowicz and Maxim Dlugy and a blitz tournament with a guaranteed $400 prize fund, come and get a piece of the action. See the first message in this thread for instructions to pre-register.

FYI, the entry fees will increase to $100/$90(Jr/Sr) after May 13 and at the event. We can't guarantee a first round pairing if you register after 9:30 am on the morning of May 16. Until then, if prepaid, your entry fees are $90/$80(Jr/Sr)

Here is the current Pre-registration list.

Last edited by Rob Gashgarian; Sunday, 3rd May, 2015, 10:29 PM. Reason: Clarification of entry fees/conditions of entry

Comment

Working...
                              X