What Chess Apps do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Chess Apps do you use?

I just got an upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S6. Now I get to choose my apps for chess.

What chess apps do have on your phone? Which ones do you consider your go-to apps? Which ones are duds?

Re: What Chess Apps do you use?

Stockfish.

Comment

I use Social Chess on my Ipad. There seem to be lots of opponents from around the world. If I want to play someone North/South (the Americas) I start a game during the daytime. If I want to play someone in Europe or that part of the world I start a game Midnight or later.

The opposition seems to be club level.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Scid on the go - a database program. allows to download TWIC, import pgn

playchess - a good app for entering games.

Droidfish - to import a game from playchess and to analyze.with an engine like mentioned stockfish.

chess.com app - could be used for everything. it's the web's app version.

Comment

I have fun with "Chess By Post" - play chess via the phone.

Comment

I find the ChessBase app very handy for storing games, openings, and importing pgns. I also have the chess.com app and Chess Tactics Pro.

Comment

Can the Chessbase app access your cloud database?

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                Can the Chessbase app access your cloud database?
                No, but it may be able to in the future. For now, I think you have to use the desktop version for that.

Comment

Droid fish seems unpolished to me. Downloaded Analyze This and it seems very nice. The auto analysis mode works a lot like fritz's blundercheck.

Comment

I have also downloaded and used the free program yNotate - you can enter a game move by move (eg: from your scoresheet when you come back from a club game or tournament game) and it will create pgn file and email it. It is a little quirky (the author never responded to my comment that it puts 0-0 [zero-zero] for castling kingside and of course that gives a pgn syntax error...) but it works well enough to capture my game scores into pgn.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Thanks for that Kerry. Just what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                      X