CYCC Facebook page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC Facebook page

Hello all - CYCC is just a few days away around the corner.

The official CYCC facebook website is
    www.facebook.com/2015cycc

If you have a facebook account, I would like to encourage you to like the page.

I will post updates as necessary over the next few days on this page.

This facebook page will also host pictures from CYCC event.

Thank You.
    Toto

Re: CYCC Facebook page

great. liked it. but some posted rules is not correct according to CFC hand book http://chess.ca/handbook#section-7
    Last edited by George Zhou; Thursday, 2nd July, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks George for the like and feedback. Which rules are you referring to? Is it about the citizenship and residency status?
      I have removed the rules from the facebook page until further clarification.

Comment

The CFC handbook, apart from being a million years out of date, is basically guidelines since the new NFP act. For example, Clause 708 says:

All eligible players ... shall notify the CFC Business Office no later than 45 days before the start of the Championship of their intention to participate, enclosing their entry fee of $225.00. The CFC Board of Directors may delegate this function to the tournament organizers. ... In exceptional circumstances, the CFC Board of Directors can vary the time limits in this Clause.

No doubt it will be modernised in due course, but probably not in my lifetime.

Comment

Where are the live games of the tournament?

Comment

There are no live games. Monroi did not respond to multiple inquiries.

Chau (the main organiser) has a plan for scanning and uploading all the scoresheets, round by round. We'll have to see how that works out in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
              There are no live games. Monroi did not respond to multiple inquiries.

Chau (the main organiser) has a plan for scanning and uploading all the scoresheets, round by round. We'll have to see how that works out in practice.
              Wouldn't it be much simpler to just enter the games and give a .pgn file here or elsewhere? Or there's just too many games and the pile of scoresheets looks intimidating? :p

Comment

There are about 150 games each round; that's a lot of games to enter. New organisers have new ideas.

Comment

If the games get to me, they will be entered eventually - but it will take at least 6 weeks for everything to be done.

Comment

a plan for scanning and uploading all the scoresheets, round by round
                    Taking a picture should be a faster way compared to an average scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                      If the games get to me, they will be entered eventually - but it will take at least 6 weeks for everything to be done.
                      Just send the scoresheets to Hugh. You know he'll get the job done.

Comment

The event is using duplicate scoresheets, and Hugh will get a copy. The scanning/photographs got off to a slow start.

It's a new idea, I'm not sure I like it. More significant (to me, anyway) is that there are (as yet) no results, standings, pairings, or even an updated list of players online.

Comment

Windsor Star article

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/wi...n-championship

Comment

The event is using duplicate scoresheets, and Hugh will get a copy. The scanning/photographs got off to a slow start.

It's a new idea, I'm not sure I like it. More significant (to me, anyway) is that there are (as yet) no results, standings, pairings, or even an updated list of players online.

Round 2 pairings

http://www.windsorchess.com/CYCCrd2.pdf

Comment

I like the picture where young Nicholas is king! Good Luck and Good Games to all participants! Win with grace, lose with dignity.

Comment

Working...
                              X