2009 Ontario Open: local registrations Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Ontario Open: local registrations Thursday

Hi there, just a quick note to say that as I am not working this Thursday evening, I plan to visit the RA chess club from at least 7pm to 730pm, perhaps as much as 630pm to 930pm.
    (I'll re-post late Thursday afternoon with a more precise estimate of when I will be there)

The Ontario Open, which traditionally runs over the Victoria Day long weekend, will be in Ottawa this year, and we already have almost 30 players registered from out of town.

For interested local players from Ottawa-Gatineau, if you have not yet mailed in your registration payment, feel free to drop in this Thursday evening at the RA club to pay cash in person. You could also pay for friends who might be travelling in and want to ensure being Swiss paired for the first round. Email registrations ahead of time are always welcome!

-------- original post snipped below --------

The Eastern Ontario Chess Association (EOCA) is proud to be hosting the 2009 Ontario Open, to be held on the traditional Victoria Day long weekend.

This event will be 6 rounds, with flexible bye and Amateur options. Our schedule also features starting and ending round times to encourage travelling to and from Ottawa. In addition, lodging options include nearby Carleton University residences, with much lower room rates, and breakfast buffet included!

We will have multiple sections, and class prizes for every 200 rating points from 2200 to 1400. Every player will be submitted for both CFC and FIDE rating.

For complete details for this event, and a great webpage for all of the events in the 2008-2009 EOCA Grand Prix & Active Series, bookmark this weblink:
    http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments%202008-09.html

Thanks and regards,

Aris Marghetis, Organizer/TD
    EOCA President, OCA/CFC Governor

P.S. especially for local players:
    We are still looking for some more floater players. Such players will play between 0 and 6 rounds, whenever the number of players for their section is odd. They will play for free, and have all their games rated, but in exchange, they will receive relatively late notice on whether they are playing in the next round. Good candidates for floater players are people who normally hang around anyway to watch a relative or friend play. Ideally, we would like, for all 6 rounds, a floater player for every 200 rating points. If you are interested, please ensure that your CFC membership is current, and apply by email, or see me on Thursday.

Re: 2009 Ontario Open: local registrations Thursday

Hi again, I expect to get to the RA chess club by 7pm tonight, and to stay until at least 830pm, maybe even 930pm if a lot of people are coming in to register/pay. See you later!

Comment

any Pre registration list yet Aris?

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
        any Pre registration list yet Aris?
        late Sunday evening

Comment

Working...
        X