Ideas for additional CFC services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ideas for additional CFC services

On chessworld.net we have international championships all the time.
    I don't know why more people do not know about chessworld.net as I find it is head and shoulders over any other online site including Gameknot and Chess.com - I hear ICC is good, but have never played on it.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised there appears to be nobody who likes the idea of the CFC getting into bughouse chess as a business line. For presentation to the public at large, bughouse is arguably more like 'team chess' than standard team chess as played by teams of two (or more) players playing seperately. Sort of like team (doubles) tennis involves four players, rather than two (or more) tennis players as a team playing seperate singles matches and adding together how each player did to get the total team score. Oh well. Perhaps the CFC may one day regret not getting in on the ground floor as far as competitive bughouse is concerned.
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

As a coach and organizer, I think that bughouse will always be a dessert and not the main course. At future CYCC's I would recommend the bughouse tournament be held earlier than it was than it was held in Windsor.

Comment

I think doubles tennis is also 'dessert' compared to singles tennis. That makes doubles tennis no less viable to be played competitively.
          Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
          Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
            I think doubles tennis is also 'dessert' compared to singles tennis. That makes doubles tennis no less viable to be played competitively.
            Organize some bughouse tournaments then. It worked quite well at CYCC.

Comment

Why on earth is there a great debate on additional cfc services when the current organization is struggling, and fsialig, to p[rovide the minimal
              Fred Harvey

Comment

How about a Canadian Open?

Comment

Originally posted by David Gordon View Post
                  How about a Canadian Open?
                  Hey! That sounds like a great idea! :p

Comment

Working...
                  X