• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fischer Exhibit – World Chess Hall of Fame

Fischer Exhibit – World Chess Hall of Fame

The Exhibit which ran July 24, 2014 to June 7, 2015 is featured at:

http://www.worldchesshof.org/exhibit...bobby-fischer/

There are many photographs of the Fischer-Reshevsky Match of 1961, manuscripts, study material, magazines and books, audio clips and several downloads in the review. The Spassky games that Bobby studied for the 1972 Match were taken, in part, from Weltgeschichte des Schachs Lieferung 27, Boris Spassky. The pgn scores are available for download on the site.

I listened to John Donaldson interview Walter Shipman about the Marshall and Manhattan Clubs in the 40s. There was only a little about Fischer so I assume that Donaldson had his historian hat on for that.

You could easily spend a couple of hours at this site and there is worthwhile material to copy to your chess files.

Re: Fischer Exhibit – World Chess Hall of Fame

I assume this exhibition will be back some time. Fascinating! Well selected Fischer memorabilia. I especially liked the Fischer hand notes and the videos showing some of his time in Moscow 1958 and his appearances on Bob Hope and Johnny Carson. Who knew that Bobby was quite the chess comedian? Highly recommended!

Comment

Working...
    X