Toronto Labour Day Open 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Labour Day Open 2015?

I have checked the CFC Calendar, and the GTCL Calendar. No TLDO is listed for this Labour Day Weekend.

Has anyone indicated publicly any intention to hold this tournament this year? I have seen nothing here on Chesstalk.

Randy Moysoski has in the past organized a number of them (with Bryan Lamb being arbiter) - I have seen nothing from either of them saying either of them have any intention of organizing this year's TLDO.

Is anyone aware of whether either Randy or Bryan have publicly said they will NOT be doing it this year? That would help, given their almost lock on this tournament for years. It would not be an issue, but for the fact that sometimes this TLDO has not been advertised in advance, and then at the last minute, notice is given that it is indeed going ahead.

But, given zero info evidencing it is happening, and there being now only 4 weeks to organize/advertise it, I assume we all can just go ahead and take this sometimes tournament out of our possibles this year?

May give the Mississauga Open, the weekend BEFORE Labour Day, somewhat of a boost, from Toronto players wanting a late summer tournament. I'm going to now enter it, given the absent TLDO.

Bob A

Re: Toronto Labour Day Open 2015?

Note that the Montreal Open is being held Sept. 11-13. There is a thread with info posted a couple of days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Note that the Montreal Open is being held Sept. 11-13. There is a thread with info posted a couple of days ago.
      Hi Hugh:

Thanks for the notice.....I had seen it.

I love playing in Montreal, but unfortunately I will not be available for this one.

Bob A

Comment

I started growing my Labour Day beard a couple of weeks ago. Are you suggesting that its all for naught? (sob)

Comment

Re: Toronto Labour Day Open 2015? BC Langley Open 2015 Langley, September 5–7, 2015

Langley Open 2015 Langley, September 5–7, 2015 (Labour Day Weekend)

Langley Open 2015

TOURNAMENT DETAILS
          Location: Brookswood Senior Centre, 19899-36 Ave, Langley, BC (See map)

Dates: September 5 – 7, 2015 (Labour Day Weekend)

Details: Open, Swiss format. 6 Rounds. Time control of 90 minutes each, with 30 second increment.

Equipment: Please bring a board, set, and clock!

Round Times:
          Round 1 – Saturday, Sep 5, 10:00am
          Round 2 – Saturday, Sep 5, 4:00pm
          Round 3 – Sunday, Sep 6, 10:00am
          Round 4 – Sunday, Sep 6, 4:00pm
          Round 5 – Monday, Sep 7, 9:00am
          Round 6 – Monday, Sep 7, 2:00pm

Tournament Director: Joe Roback

ENTRY FEE
          $60 until Aug 15. $70 after Aug 15 up to registration.
          Free Entry for Players Rated 2300 (CFC) or above.

Family Rate: $30 per player for 2nd and above family member

PRIZES
          Prize Fund of $2000 based on a minimum of 40 players, with generous prizes for Best Under 2000 rated player, Best Under 1700 rated player and biggest upset! All levels welcome!

PRE-REGISTERED PLAYERS
          Player Rating Notes Payment
          IM Raymond Kaufman 2318 Free Entry
          NM John Doknjas 2285
          NCM Joshua Doknjas 2203 PayPal
          James Chan 2131 PayPal
          Luke Pulfer 2021 PayPal
          Joe Roback 1950
          Jofrel Landingin 1858 PayPal
          NCM Richard Ingram 1855 PayPal
          Paul Leblanc 1835 PayPal
          Michael Su 1782 PayPal
          Karl Cui 1781 PayPal
          Neil Doknjas 1762 PayPal
          H. G. Pitre 1703 PayPal
          Hugh Long 1650
          Patrick Huang 1645 PayPal
          Brian Davidson 1623
          Andrew Hoyer 1571
          Callum Lehingrat 1537 PayPal
          Ryan Branch 1451 PayPal
          Brian Sullivan 1438 PayPal
          Kai Wang 1351 PayPal
          Kenneth Mitchell 1216 PayPal
          Caolan Martin 1214 PayPal
          Stewart Paulson 1117 Cheque
          Carina Du 1055 PayPal
          Edward Enns 980 PayPal
          Daniel Wang 886 PayPal
          Ethan Su 880 PayPal

http://langleychess.com/events/langley-open/

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          I have checked the CFC Calendar, and the GTCL Calendar. No TLDO is listed for this Labour Day Weekend.

Has anyone indicated publicly any intention to hold this tournament this year? I have seen nothing here on Chesstalk.

Randy Moysoski has in the past organized a number of them (with Bryan Lamb being arbiter) - I have seen nothing from either of them saying either of them have any intention of organizing this year's TLDO.

Is anyone aware of whether either Randy or Bryan have publicly said they will NOT be doing it this year? That would help, given their almost lock on this tournament for years. It would not be an issue, but for the fact that sometimes this TLDO has not been advertised in advance, and then at the last minute, notice is given that it is indeed going ahead.

But, given zero info evidencing it is happening, and there being now only 4 weeks to organize/advertise it, I assume we all can just go ahead and take this sometimes tournament out of our possibles this year?

May give the Mississauga Open, the weekend BEFORE Labour Day, somewhat of a boost, from Toronto players wanting a late summer tournament. I'm going to now enter it, given the absent TLDO.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
          X