X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchener-Waterloo Regular Swiss Tournament

City: Kitchener, Ontario
    Dates: Saturday, Sept 19 - Sunday, Sept 20, 2015
    Place: Kitchener City Hall, 200 King St.
    Rds: 5, Swiss
    Round Times: SAT 10:00am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm SUN 10:00am, 3:00pm
    Register at City Hall from 9:00 - 9:45 am. on Sept 19.
    Preregister: ralphdeline@gmail.com
    TC: 90 + 30 second increment (rd 1- game 60 minutes and 10 sec increment)
    EF: $50 entry fee and $40 for juniors and masters
    TD: Brian Clarke
    Note: Chess sets and clocks will be provided.

Another tournament! Put this one on your calendar or, better yet, preregister now to help promote the tournament by having your name on the preregistered list that will be posted shortly.

Re: Kitchener-Waterloo Regular Swiss Tournament

Hi Ralph,

Welcome back as KW tournament organizer. We missed you in the last couple of months to a year.

Seems like this is a one section tournament, is it as there is no mention of sections. If there are sections, is the Open section going to be FIDE rated ?

If there are at least 2 sections, then please register Eugene and Gary Hua. We hope Open section will be FIDE rated.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Wednesday, 12th August, 2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Gary,

Thanks, nice to be back. I taught school up on James Bay last year but I will not be returning.

To answer your question regarding two sections, I understand that the tournaments were poorly attended last year, uncertain why, and I'm sure that if there are enough people we will have two sections (or more) but I wasn't given direction by the club executive to advertise two sections. So I encourage people to preregister so that we can determine how many sections there will be.

I will try to get the preregistered list up next week even if it only has a few names.

I'm hoping for a larger tournament also so we can have more than one section.

Ralph

Comment

Thanks for taking the reins Ralph! and we'll hope for better attendance this time.

Comment

I noticed the tournament isn't posted on the upcoming tournaments on chess.ca, which could improve the turn-out. Is there a pre-registered list? Also what's the plan as far as sections and prizes are concerned?

Comment

The same day I posted this ad on chesstalk, I also sent it to CFC to be posted on their site. Bob Gillanders, where have you been?

I meant to get a preregistered list up by now but I missed club night on Tuesday and didn't have a chance to get the names of the club members playing in the tournament. So, I will post the preregistered list next week after club night. However, if anyone else would like to preregister in the meantime, say by 05 September, do so at ralphdeline@gmail.com and I will reduce your entry fee by $10 .... psst "Don't tell the club executive!"

And, as mentioned, if we have enough people for two sections (or more), we will post it here. So preregister, so that we can get that info out pronto.

Comment

Ralph, do we have a preregistered list yet?

Comment

Preregistered for KW Tournament
                Mario Piccinin
                Ralph Deline
                Eugene Hua
                Gary Hua
                Rahul Gangolli
                Wayne Proudlove
                George Dragusanu
                Jamie Macinnis
                Hans Jung
                David Atanasov
                Anthony Atanasov

There are a few more that I'm waiting for a definite answer before I include them on the list.

I'm now going to post this list on a separate thread.
                Last edited by Ralph Deline; Tuesday, 1st September, 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Add my name to the prereg list. Thanks Hans

Comment

Working...
                  X