CYCC - the worst game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC - the worst game

We are gradually entering the CYCC games and my candidate for the worst game played (or the "reverse brilliancy prize") started off with:

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. Ng5 Rg8 (yes - White took on f7 and took the Rook)

Black had a pre-tournament rating of well over 1300; his new rating is about 600. The game lasted for over 50 moves, and White finally won.

So far - there has been one game in which a player castled illegally (R had moved to g8 and back to h8 previously), and one game in which a N moved like a B - forking K and R (that player was already a piece up).

Re: CYCC - the worst game

If I remember correctly there was also a brilliancy prize trophy......has that been decided yet? If not a definite candidate would be a game I think it was around round 3 or 4 with white being either Yu Zong Zang or Hong Rui Zhu, and black being Tyler D'amore in the U16 open. It wasn't particularly hard to see, but the mating attack was beautiful and really that's what a brilliancy is in my opinion. How can that be the worst game though, there must've been something worse than that, I've seen some pretty bad blitz games at lower level's, and from the speed the younger sections play at it's basically a blitz games.

Comment

Re: CYCC - the worst game

The game I posted was an error that occurred early in the game. Many other games had one player dropping piece after piece, and the opponent struggling to mate. Of course - there were some good games as well.

Comment

Working...
      X