FaceBook virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FaceBook virus?

Twice now, I have clicked on some controversial post on FB only to be immediately screened with a dire message that my computer has been infected with a virus undetectable by most virus screening. The message continues to advise me to phone some 888 # to rectify the problem - presumably they will ask for $$$ to do this.
    It seems the message itself is the virus - as it could not easily be erased from the screen. Also, the message is accompanied with an urgent and persistent beeping - and, a day later, the beeping cannot go away. Does anyone have an idea how the beeping can be removed? (besides simply turning down the volume which also disables sound from other programs). :(

Re: FaceBook virus?

Never mind! The screen just reappeared with a message at the end >>>> Do you want to leave this page? When I clicked YES, both the 'dire warning' screen was gone as well as the beeping. Thx anyway.

Comment

Re: FaceBook virus?

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
      Twice now, I have clicked on some controversial post on FB only to be immediately screened with a dire message that my computer has been infected with a virus undetectable by most virus screening. The message continues to advise me to phone some 888 # to rectify the problem - presumably they will ask for $$$ to do this.
      It seems the message itself is the virus - as it could not easily be erased from the screen. Also, the message is accompanied with an urgent and persistent beeping - and, a day later, the beeping cannot go away. Does anyone have an idea how the beeping can be removed? (besides simply turning down the volume which also disables sound from other programs). :(
      FaceBook is the virus.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
      X