Very pleased to Announce!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very pleased to Announce!!

I am very pleased to Announce the formation of the first ever over 50 team to represent Canada at next years World Senior Team Championship competition in Dresden . Our team is in board order 1 IM Jean Hebert 2 IM Deen Hergott 3 IM Tom O'Donnell 4 IM Dave Ross 5 FM Paul Ross .Some of us are a little rusty but have promised to train hard.Our team will be young[relatively speaking] and hungry and who knows ,with a bit of luck a top ten finish is not out of the question!!Our expenses will be significant.Airfare roughly $1200,room $600 , Entry fee 250euros . I have spent most of my chess life as a player and coach and if anyone has any ideas about how to find sponsors be they cfc,fqe or Chess and Math or private please send me an email as I don't really know how one goes about this part. There is no limit to the number of teams allowed so if anyone else is interested start planning now.The event runs from June26-July 4th 2016.This is a great opportunity to meet and play some living chess legends. There is also a section for players over 65. Thanks in advance for any ideas on fund raising.

Re: Very pleased to Announce!!

Fund raising for a seniors team?

I do have a few ideas, but I'm not sure you want to hear them. :p

Comment

Sounds like a fun tournament and a strong Canadian team. Good luck, but no idea about sponsorship. Nice to see that Paul is still playing chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
        Fund raising for a seniors team?

I do have a few ideas, but I'm not sure you want to hear them. :p
        The team has announced plans for a calendar from a selection of photos from an erotic photoshoot of the team, hoping to raise $10,000.

If they don't raise the $10K, the calendar will be released.
        Last edited by David Ottosen; Tuesday, 15th September, 2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
          The team has announced plans for a calendar from a selection of photos from an erotic photoshoot of the team, hoping to raise $10,000.

If they don't raise the $10K, the calendar will be released.
          I like it !! I will run it by the team.Best idea so far. Thx

Comment

Working...
          X