Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southwestern Ontario Fall Open Results

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    There was clearly a breakdown somewhere. The results never made it to the Windsor chess website, the Windsor Knightfighters Facebook page, nor to Chesstalk. (Nor to me - I could have posted them.) I suppose I could have a nag at the organisers, but they are very good at ignoring me.
    Well, I do hope the files are submitted to the CFC office in time for rating this week.
    The soft deadline is 3pm ET wednesday! <hint>
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 14th October, 2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I sent the SwissSys report files to Isabella on Sunday night so she could submit everything together (tournament report, new membership information, membership fees, rating fees) but just in case I sent you the tournament files this morning so the tournament can make this week's rating report.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Peredun View Post
        I sent the SwissSys report files to Isabella on Sunday night so she could submit everything together (tournament report, new membership information, membership fees, rating fees) but just in case I sent you the tournament files this morning so the tournament can make this week's rating report.
        By the way Andrew, you can upload html in a message on ChessTalk *BUT* (and it is a BIG BUT) the usual "<" and ">" symbols used in html have to be replaced by "[" and "]" respectively (left and right square brace characters) -and- not all html is correctly supported... You can format a table for example but I've noticed a lot or more of the table attributes are ignored... You can also enclose such tables in a "code" tag [ CODE ] and [ / CODE ] to force the enclosed material into a highlighted sort of code display box. I guess it is called that because it was/is intended to highlight source code (in a mono-spaced font...by default).

HTH (Hope this helps)
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

As practice shown an early publication of results does not generate any buzz here LOL (blah blah about publicity)

Kudos to organizers for attracting many local and not-local players. As well to winners. A special note to Adam C. - stop politics and take care of your chess LOL

Where are pics? :)

Comment

I definitely enjoyed my tournament in Windsor. The Caboto club is a nice location and I hope many more tournaments happen there. Good restaurants were within walking distance, I particularly enjoyed the Lumberjack. Kudos to the Windsor organising team for running an excellent tournament - everyone was friendly and efficient and there was plenty of help in the running of the tournament. Andrew Peredun did a great job as TD in his first Windsor tournament, his announcements were well received and the kids obviously enjoyed his interactions. Bonus: on Sunday morning Andrew gave a well attended lecture.

Comment

Working...
            X