Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Chess News Website - Hosting Will Terminate on Fri., Oct. 16/15

Hi All:

I have now decided to permanently cease publication of TCN.

There are many old issues of TCN on the TCN website (which was not in operation for quite a while, so it does not have the more recent Issues).

I am not interested in archiving them. But if someone else wishes to copy them for future availability, please be my guest. I will try to cooperate, if it is needed, with whomever to the extent I can.

The site will disappear on Friday, Oct. 16/15.

My personal e-mail is bobarm@sympatico.ca.

Thanks.

Toronto Chess News (TCN),

Canadian Life Consulting Cooperative, Publisher,
    Bob Armstrong, Editor

Re: Toronto Chess News Website - Hosting Will Terminate on Fri., Oct. 16/15

A big part of Scarborogh Chess Newsletters is hosted at http://chess.ca/chess-club-newsletters#SCC
    Probably the same could be arrange for Toronto Chess News.

Or it could be moved to the GTCL website.

Comment

Bob, call me at the CFC office 289-337-0561

Comment

I am delighted to report Toronto Chess News has found a new home on the CFC website.
        Many thanks to Bob Armstrong for all his efforts and many hours of work to keep us informed of chess activities with in GTA. A treasure of Canadian chess history.
        Thanks to Vincent Chow for the technical know how to bring it to the CFC website.

Here is the link:http://chess.ca/tcn/Toronto%20Chess%20News.htm
        The link can be found on CFC website under news.
        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Sunday, 18th October, 2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Hi Bob G:

Thanks for the kind words....TCN was a labour of love for chess, and I did have fun putting it out. I thank my subscribers who often gave me positive feedback, which helped me keep going from September 2012 to April 2015.

Unfortunately, my skills re computer, internet, websites is limited. So I eventually ran into problems on the TCN website that I didn't know how to fix...... basically I just gave up, and focussed entirely on getting the TCN out.

So you will note that with respect to the TCN's on the CFC website now, they only go to Issue # 2_5, November 15, 2013...this is what was on the TCN website to be transferred. The TCN did continue until April of 2015 - the last Issue is Issue #_15_6 of April 1, 2015 (April Fools Day!!).

If CFC is interested in adding the more recent Issues, you should contact Hugh Brodie. I have been in contact with him on the TCN, and he may have the most complete set in existence (though I think he is missing some). I lost all my recent ones with a formatting due to a bad virus.

I thank the CFC for making the TCN now publicly available (As they have the Scarborough Chess Club newsletter I edited for 13 years). I hope it provides enjoyment to new readers, and may be a helpful source in chess historical research.

Thanks again to all my subscribers to both newsletters since 1999!

Bob A

Comment

Working...
          X