Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating at ... Bridge

http://www.newsweek.com/big-rich-che...-busted-375414
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Cheating at ... Bridge

I loved that article! It reminds me of many years ago when I would play with "a confederate" in small-stakes, 4-player Hearts games. He would sit across from me, and we could describe our hands by the way we placed our cards on the table, or certain words we used in casual table-talk. It was usually good for a couple of extra dollars after two hours or so of play. :-)

Comment

Re: Cheating at ... Bridge

Our team played against Fantoni and Nunes team in the 2nd round of the Spingold a couple of years ago. Nunes was not happy with how things started for and started pulling the cards out of the boards that we had played. He questioned our bidding methods which was completely out of order. Nunes called the director to complain that we were not making what he thought would be the appropriate bid. Of course, this was a joke and the director said everything was in order. My partner made an official complaint later that Nunes was out of order, looking at the previous boards without our permission. Needless to say, we were not heartbroken at their accusations of cheating. Cheaters are normally very suspicious of other people cheating them. Sadly, we lost the match, but we gave them a scare.

Comment

Working...
      X