IM norm for FM Michael Song at 2015 North American Open in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM norm for FM Michael Song at 2015 North American Open in Las Vegas

Congratulations to Michael Song for his IM norm.
    With 5.5 points before the last round he already secured the IM norm (average rating of the opponents 2379 > 2370 required for 5.5 points).
    A win in the last round might get him a nice prize money.
    Open Section: $10000-5000-2500-1200-1000-800-600-500-400-400, clear winner or 1st on tiebreak bonus $200, top FIDE Under 2400/Unr $2400-1200.

7 Canadians are playing in the Open Section:
    FM Michael Song 5.5
    FM Olivier Chiku-ratte 4
    Hong Rui Zhu 4
    WIM Qiyu Zhou 3
    FM Dale R Haessel 3
    FM Guannan Terry Song 3
    Georgi Kostadinov 3

http://chessevents.com/2015/12/north...-open-section/

Re: IM norm for FM Michael Song at 2015 North American Open in Las Vegas

Congratulations to those Canadians who have already won nice prize money, including Michael Su (U1900) and James Li (U1700, actually BC).

Comment

Hi Rene, I played in the World Open this year, just outside Washington, and next year, I'm thinking of trying the North American Open. Would you have any feedback on the conditions, expenses, etc. I would be in something like U2000. Thanks for any insights on whether or not this is a cool tournament for a more mediocre casual player like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Hi Rene, I played in the World Open this year, just outside Washington, and next year, I'm thinking of trying the North American Open. Would you have any feedback on the conditions, expenses, etc. I would be in something like U2000. Thanks for any insights on whether or not this is a cool tournament for a more mediocre casual player like me.
        For a major US tournament, consider the National Open (Las Vegas; 6 rounds; June 24-26). It's not a Goichberg tournament, so equipment is supplied. A very well run event - I have played in it a few times. This year it will be at the Westgate (I think it's the old Hilton in "Diamonds are Forever").

Lots of side events (and the World Series of Poker is going on at the same time at the Rio).

http://www.vegaschessfestival.com/national-open/

Comment

Congratulations Michael!! Awesome result. We have a number of juniors now with IM norms. Who will score the title first?

Comment

Working...
          X