the page that lists CMA-rated events seems down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the page that lists CMA-rated events seems down

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_register() in /home/chess9/public_html/chesstalk/elo/pub/fns/debug.php on line 127

Re: the page that lists CMA-rated events seems down

bumping up again, still unable to access any rating records

Comment

To maintainers of the CMA site: add some historical info - e.g. the history of the CMA, previous Chess Challenge winners, etc. It took me a lot of research to find where some old Chess Challenges were held - the CMA site was no help.

Comment

Hi Aris,

We are playing cat and mouse with our service provider "Lunarpages". They tell us: "your account’s resource usage is still over our server’s limit" and then they simply shut down any one of our sites randomly. Our programmer does a work around and we are up and running again :). Obviously this is a temporary solution to a ridiculous situation. Over the next week we will come up with a permanent solution.

Larry

Comment

Hi Aris,

We are playing cat and mouse with our service provider "Lunarpages". They tell us: "your account’s resource usage is still over our server’s limit" and then they simply shut down any one of our sites randomly. Our programmer does a work around and we are up and running again :). Obviously this is a temporary solution to a ridiculous situation. Over the next week we will come up with a permanent solution.

Larry

Comment

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for pointing this out...we will get that situation corrected.

Larry

Comment

OK Larry, thanks. But FYI, I still can't get to that webpage (in case you think a workaround is in place) ... I'll keep trying - good luck with this

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                Over the next week we will come up with a permanent solution.
                Look at a "double posts" error on talks as well. Thnx.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                  OK Larry, thanks. But FYI, I still can't get to that webpage (in case you think a workaround is in place) ... I'll keep trying - good luck with this

Hi Aris,

Are you still direct-linking to our old website?
                  http://chesstalk.info/chess-math/

Clicking on "Ratings" there would bring up the error you mentioned.

Our new website, though, has all the CMA-rated info you need:
                  http://chess-math.org/tournaments-rated-list

There is a "date" search button on the right, to help you navigate too:)

Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
                    Hi Aris,

Are you still direct-linking to our old website?
                    http://chesstalk.info/chess-math/

Clicking on "Ratings" there would bring up the error you mentioned.

Our new website, though, has all the CMA-rated info you need:
                    http://chess-math.org/tournaments-rated-list

There is a "date" search button on the right, to help you navigate too:)

Francis
                    Thank you! You are indeed a wise man, I was actually still direct-linking to the old website, well done sir!

Drew/Dave, I'm preparing rating reports for some of my students. Was there a December Ottawa event?

Comment

Working...
                    X