Rating a Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rating a Match

I'm playing a 2 game match against a mid 2200 player at 90/30 time controls, how would I go about getting this rated?
    University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Re: Rating a Match

From the CFC "Handbook":

"413. Matches. Individual matches are rated with the following restrictions:

a) the maximum change allowed as a result of a match is 50 points;

b) match results must be dated and signed by both players;

c) the rating difference between the two players must not exceed 400 points."

You used to have to submit an agreement that the match be rated - signed by both players - before the event, along with the rating fees. I'm not sure what the rules are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
      I'm playing a 2 game match against a mid 2200 player at 90/30 time controls, how would I go about getting this rated?
      Adam, simply send an email to CFC office with the results of your match.
      If you use SwissSys, the fees are $3 per player plus tax.
      Most matches are sent simply with a game by game result by text by email. If so, $5 per player plus tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
        From the CFC "Handbook":

"413. Matches. Individual matches are rated with the following restrictions:

a) the maximum change allowed as a result of a match is 50 points;

b) match results must be dated and signed by both players;

c) the rating difference between the two players must not exceed 400 points."

You used to have to submit an agreement that the match be rated - signed by both players - before the event, along with the rating fees. I'm not sure what the rules are now.
        Adam, don't forget the urine sample and have the match results notarized.
        Of course I am kidding, but please abide by the spirit of these handbook provisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Adam, simply send an email to CFC office with the results of your match.
          If you use SwissSys, the fees are $3 per player plus tax.
          Most matches are sent simply with a game by game result by text by email. If so, $5 per player plus tax.
          Thanks Bob, could I use pay-pal to pay for the rating fees?

I will of course have consent from my opponent to rate the match.
          University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Working...
          X