Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Response

At the CFC discussion board apparently Vlad took umbrage to my remark that I view the CFC's well known endorsement of Kirsan in exchange for $80,000.00 in tournament sponsorship as a bribe. A characterization and view that was originally posted here by CFC Voting Member Felix Dumont at the time of the deal. Here is my original post here that prompted Vlad's post.

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg
    he was punished for communicating with people who are in Syria. That is the only reason – communication."

Of course a Russian chess "news" site would characterize why Kirsan was sanctioned this way. Kirsan was punished for being a major shareholder in a bank that included his own appointees to the board that facilitated transactions with ISIS. This is a provable fact that he would not be able to refute in any court (other then perhaps a Russian court). He was not shown much sympathy as an ex dictator where an opposition journalist was murdered by his own aides. A journalist who according to the book "Curse of Kirsan" among other things exposed that mothers who complained about not being able to feed their infants were dispatched to mental institutes.
    The book "Putins Kleptocracy" outlines how Kirsan rigged Putin's first election in his region in return for an investigation being dropped about his own involvement in murder. Putin returned the favor a year and half ago by corrupting the FIDE election with the help of Russian embassies world wide.

The CFC was part of this by accepting what is in my view tantamount to an $80,000.00 bribe in the form of FIDE tournament sponsorship (not offered at the time to federations that supported Garry), as well, it appeared, to ensure the continued employment of the Canadian FIDE representative as an arbitrator who was very much involved in the endorsement process even though he declared publicly at the prior election involving Karpov that he was conflicted out according to Kevin Spraggett's blog.

Meanwhile Kirsan continues to appear at FIDE sponsored events and has said himself that he is still President that contradicts what FIDE itself says. What a wonderful example of a man that our juniors can look forward to meeting at FIDE events.
    Hers is Vlad's response on the CFC discussion board

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec
    The CFC was part of this by accepting what is in my view tantamount to an $80,000.00 bribe in the form of FIDE tournament sponsorship (not offered at the time to federations that supported Garry), as well, it appeared, to ensure the continued employment of the Canadian FIDE representative as an arbitrator who was very much involved in the endorsement process even though he declared publicly at the prior election involving Karpov that he was conflicted out according to Kevin Spraggett's blog.

Being unable to post to Chesstalk from home for some reason related to either Cogeco or Lunar Pages has certainly encouraged the representatives of the lunatic fringe to take advantage. FIDE offered the CFC a chance to hold some FIDE norm tournaments by offering us some inducements to hold these tournaments. Larry Bevand, the owner of the board where the libelous accusations are being oft repeated was not able to bring one of these tournaments into existence in a timely manner despite initially being awarded one of the tournaments so obviously the characterization of this award as some kind of a bribe is a bit bizarre. My understanding is that these tournaments tend to lose money and the beneficiaries tend to be a few grandmasters that play in them and a few norm seekers who might play in the hopes of obtaining the much coveted titles that norms allow. No one from the CFC personally benefits from these awards so to call them a bribe seems a tad bizarre.

On the other hand, clearly the Kasparov Leong deal which involved payments of $500,000 and giving Leong the establishment and control of a FIDE office in Leong's country which would control all FIDE commissions receives nary a mention by well known businessman and Kasparov apologist Sid Belzberg. You can read the text of that agreement in the second link below. If you read that agreement you will be able to see which campaign clearly was offering inducements to further their aims. Fortunately there was never much danger of the deal being fulfilled particularly when the details were leaked to the media pretty much laying bare the reality of any claim to being a moral reformer. Clearly the text of the agreement is that the Kasparov campaign was willing to adopt the very practices (which most rational people would criticize as corrupt) if it would further their own aims of seizing control of world chess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/22/sp...erns.html?_r=0

http://www.chessvibes.com/sites/defa..._Sep052013.pdf

http://www.chessdom.com/the-new-york...rov-and-leong/

Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 01-14-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Blog this Post
    Here are the basic points that I tried make on the CFC forum before they were edited out and then the thread was locked out.

1) In reference to Vlad"s remark that I am a "Kasparov apologist" i said that unlike him i am not an apologist for a corrupt ex dictator who's aides murdered an opposition journalist and is under sanctions for being a facilitator of ISIS transactions.

2) In reference to his accusation that the Kasparov deal with Leong is comparable to Kirsan using FIDE resources to selectively dole out sponsorship to Federations that endorsed him (this is why i view it as a bribe and not just a campaign promise) Kasparov's deal was fully financed by the Kasparov Chess Foundation and fully Disclosed. Furthermore Vlad's suggested that as part of the deal a FIDE office would be set up in Leong's country of Signapore that would actually cost FIDE more then $500,000.00. This is pure conjecture on Vlad's part as a FIDE office could be set up for as little as $2,500.00 by simply legally registering FIDE with a local lawyers office in Signapore.
    Furthermore Kasparov's billionaire colleague and chess patron offered to inject $10,000,000.00 into FIDE , a promise that was doubled by Kirsan and never kept.

3) Vlad continually insists that no member of his executive get's any benefits from FIDE on the basis that arbitration jobs are paid for by the tournament organizers. What he fails to state is Hal Himself stated to me that he gets paid jobs from FIDE as did CFC executive Fred Mckim on this very site. Not only that but during the 2010 FIDE election Karpov vs Krsan according to Kevin Spraggett Hal Bond himself declared he was conflicted out to participate, something not done during the 2014 FIDE election.
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 20th January, 2016, 04:01 PM.

Re: Vlad Drkulec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Respo

To save people time going over to the CFC board, the posts were edited to include this statement (presumably from the person who edited the posts - Vlad Drkulec):

"The CFC does not allow libelous statements to be posted. Your post has been edited to remove such statements."

The thread (over there) has been locked.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Vlad Drkulec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Respo

Hi Kerry, I am interested to know who is the judge regarding libel on a semi-public Internet board.

I don't know anyone involved in the main discussion except Sid Belzberg. From my perspective libel would be posting anything contrary to Mr. Belzberg's stellar character.

Brian

Comment

For a man who claims how the "left wing" attempts to suppress his statements, seems a little odd to censor somebody. I guess when a person knows they've been caught red handed and in violation of sanctions and NFP guidelines, what other option is there? By censoring, he only is making himself more guilty then he already was.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hartman View Post
          Hi Kerry, I am interested to know who is the judge regarding libel on a semi-public Internet board.

I don't know anyone involved in the main discussion except Sid Belzberg. From my perspective libel would be posting anything contrary to Mr. Belzberg's stellar character.

Brian
          I have no idea who decided the posts were potentially libelous. I presume Vlad (as CFC President) could easily convince whoever has admin access on the CFC forum to edit the post(s) and lock the thread.
          Perhaps he himself has admin rights and just took the matter into his own hands (although he might not be the best judge of what is libelous in this case).
          I am not a lawyer; I am sure you can find a lawyer that would think the statements are libelous and you can find other lawyers that think otherwise. {shrug}

All I know is that the petty sniping back and forth is tedious, pointless (since they most certainly will lead to nothing at all) and sadly so very typical of many online forums.
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Keep up the good work, Vlad!

Lots of websites/discussion boards adopt a cautious approach when potentially libelous remarks are posted there. Nothing new here. And this has, in any case, the fetid and fermented aroma of sour grapes over Vlad's string of successes and victories in the administration and organization of Canadian chess.

Keep up the good work, Vlad. May your enemies' socks bunch up and cause them excruciating discomfort, and may their underwear chafe mercilessly.
            Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Keep up the good work, Vlad!

FIDE politics is a topic well worth staying as far away from as possible. Life is too short.

It's unfortunate that many senior Canadian chess leaders, meaning well and working hard, for little recognition and broadsides of abuse, are required to tread most carefully in this extraordinarily byzantine maze, through basic requirements of interaction with FIDE at the federation level.

Hal Bond is someone who could really make an exceptional difference at the FIDE level, above and beyond his already highly impressive contributions. He would make a wonderful future FIDE president in a successful reform movement. But I fear for Hal's sanity and well-being were he to attempt this, in the current atmosphere. At least, FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov seems to have met his match recently, in the form of United States Treasury sanctions.

Let us remember and appreciate Sid Belzberg's major financial contributions to Canadian chess, spread over many years, and his useful relationship with GM Garry Kasparov.

It all started with Florencio Campomanes' election as FIDE President in 1982; he was closely connected with the notorious Filipino dictator Ferdinand Marcos. International chess politics hasn't been close to sane ever since then. Will it ever be again?

Comment

Today was the first day I was on set to shoot the first scene of my very first stop motion shorty simply titled ... Stop War. Up to this point I've worked strictly with graphics and single shot photography imagery to have my voice get upped. So, even though I've been blessed with success using 'static' formats, today was still a very very big deal for me.

Whilst setting up the scene, I looked around at everybody doing their thing and I had this feeling of doubt and thought to myself ... who the f**k am I really? Fortunately, that moment passed quickly. To be honest because I know I have a voice. I truly know it! Partly because of acclaim, but mainly because I stepped up.

Critical knowledge ... to be self-aware.

(enter my philosopher friend Brad T.)

Sid, you to have such a voice. Use it ... use it to write a piece for the Toronto Star.

As much as the Chess Federation of Canada likes to see itself as being, 'the governing body for chess in Canada', they truly aren't. They're known as a Dependent. Not Independent, but rather as an Dependent. Dependent on FIDE. Take away their affiliation with FIDE ... where would they be?

Huh??

Where???

It's time we all (you too Vlad D.) got to the truth of the matter ... the truth of organized Chess in Canada.

The game itself, for itself, by itself...

Comment

Alright alright, going on well past 6ix AM+ here in the EST. Still stoked on 1st day shoot, not a wink yet, playing Bowie 'till dawn (R.I.P. Jonesy)! I'll catch up to y'all like L8tR ya???

Play safe.

peace.
                  n.

Comment

Originally posted by Anish Nyayachavadi View Post
                    For a man who claims how the "left wing" attempts to suppress his statements, seems a little odd to censor somebody. I guess when a person knows they've been caught red handed and in violation of sanctions and NFP guidelines, what other option is there? By censoring, he only is making himself more guilty then he already was.
                    You descend into more bizarre behaviour with every post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                      Lots of websites/discussion boards adopt a cautious approach when potentially libelous remarks are posted there. Nothing new here. And this has, in any case, the fetid and fermented aroma of sour grapes over Vlad's string of successes and victories in the administration and organization of Canadian chess.

Keep up the good work, Vlad. May your enemies' socks bunch up and cause them excruciating discomfort, and may their underwear chafe mercilessly.
                      Thank you for the kind words Nigel.

Sid threatened me with legal action if I did not remove the post outlining Kasparov's deal with Leong. I didn't see his post until after he had withdrawn the threat. I could imagine the press that would generate for Kasparov. I guess its easier to threaten me than the NY Times which first broke the story. Contrary to Sid's assertions the promises contained in that agreement required significant expenditures of FIDE money and required establishing a FIDE office in Singapore (which would have cost way more than any norm tournaments) and gave Leong control of all of the FIDE commissions at least that's the way it seems on a quick reading of the details. Kasparov and Leong were sanctioned for that arrangement.
                      I am posting this from Tim Hortons. I won't have time for very much posting to chesstalk going forward unless the block to posting from home is removed.

Its been fun. Its been infuriating. For chess in Canada the best is yet to come. We are moving ahead with the Premium Chess deal which will likely have significant positive repercussions on our bottom line and also in the range of services that we will be able to offer particularly in the Junior Arena.

We will be making some significant announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the CFC forums. Hopefully someone who can post here will repost the highlights.
                      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Friday, 22nd January, 2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        Thank you for the kind words Nigel.

Sid threatened me with legal action if I did not remove the post outlining Kasparov's deal with Leong. I didn't see his post until after he had withdrawn the threat. I could imagine the press that would generate for Kasparov. I guess its easier to threaten me than the NY Times which first broke the story. Contrary to Sid's assertions the promises contained in that agreement required significant expenditures of FIDE money and required establishing a FIDE office in Singapore (which would have cost way more than any norm tournaments) and gave Leong control of all of the FIDE commissions at least that's the way it seems on a quick reading of the details. Kasparov and Leong were sanctioned for that arrangement.
                        I am posting this from Tim Hortons. I won't have time for very much posting to chesstalk going forward unless the block to posting from home is removed.

Its been fun. Its been infuriating. For chess in Canada the best is yet to come. We are moving ahead with the Premium Chess deal which will likely have significant positive repercussions on our bottom line and also in the range of services that we will be able to offer particularly in the Junior Arena.

We will be making some significant announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the CFC forums. Hopefully someone who can post here will repost the highlights.
                        Vlad don't misrepresent things I have said to you in private messages. Unlike the CFC forums you administer and abuse I can respond to your bullSh*t here. To be clear I told Vlad that since I am unable to properly respond to accusations of libel without those too being deemed libelous and deleted that he remove the thread entirely. My complaint had nothing whatsoever to do with Vlad's opinions on Kasparov's dealings and everything to do with Vlad denying me a response to his allegations. I also said that if I have to hire a lawyer to force the CFC to delete the thread that I would hold the CFC liable for the legal costs in doing this.Note that I had no interest in the CFC's money simply the thread being removed After I saw no response to this I further communicated to Vlad that I decided i would not take legal action but simply respond here on Chess talk where reasonable posts are not censored as I have done. I also told Vlad that he simply is not worth it and his post above further cements my opinion of his worthlessness on the matter.

I also see that Vlad implies on the another thread in the CFC forum (that I am unable respond to) that I am somehow out to destroy the CFC. Nothing could be further from the truth!

In one of the posts I did that Vlad deemed libelous I simply pasted a reply from voting member Felix Dumont to Vlad's request to Felix not to call the CFC deal a "bribe". Even reporting what others have posted is libelous? (see below this is yet another example of what Vlad with his brilliant legal mind deems libelous) Vlad you refer to me as part of the lunatic fringe and libelous person?? You should look at yourself in the mirror. By the way I fully agree with Felix's opinion and none of your veiled threats in the CFC's forum will change my mind or intimidate me. This is how Vlad treats a past donor that has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the CFC.
                        No need to reply Vlad, I am sure I am not alone in being sick from the aroma of your insipid posts. I wish the CFC the best and hopefully a better president some day.

Re : Re: Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?
                        Originally posted by Felix Dumont

Originally posted by Vlad Druckelec
                        Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        Felix please remove your reference to a bribe.

Sasha remove your reference to a bribe and a criminal offense. You have crossed the line.
                        I did, although this is what it is.
                        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 23rd January, 2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Re: Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

Sid, let me see if I get this whole Drkulec saga straight...

You warn Drkulec time and time again about the corrupt nature of Ilyumzhinov.

Disregarding your warnings, Drkulec whole heartily gives Ilyumzhinov his support.

Drkulec receives 80k from Ilyumzhinov.

...is that about right, or do I have that all wrong , am I missing something here?

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 24th January, 2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

The CFC was granted $80 in funding to run tournaments, with $10k each to go into separate tournaments, 2 per year. The tournaments cannot be the Cdn Open, CYCC or any Canadian Championships. Anyone in Canada can bid.

What tournaments received this grant in 2015?

Comment

I received an email from Vlad, as he is encountering issues posting to Chesstalk. He writes "The recipients for 2015 included the Kitchener Chessfest (which held a GM norm Scheveningen tournament last summer) and the Alberta Chess Association which held two tournaments, one in each of Edmonton and Calgary."

Comment

Working...
                              X