Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vlad Drkulec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Respo

“Most people, in fact, will not take the trouble in finding out the truth, but are much more inclined to accept the first story they hear.”
    - Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

“You should punish in the same manner those who commit crimes with those who accuse falsely.”
    - Thucydides

“In a democracy, someone who fails to get elected to office can always console himself with the thought that there was something not quite fair about it.”

Comment

Re: Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

You're missing quite a bit Neil.
      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Re: Vlad Drkulec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Respo

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        “Most people, in fact, will not take the trouble in finding out the truth, but are much more inclined to accept the first story they hear.”

“You should punish in the same manner those who commit crimes with those who accuse falsely.”
        - Thucydides

“In a democracy, someone who fails to get elected to office can always console himself with the thought that there was something not quite fair about it.”
        Carved at a Ancient Greek Temple at Delphi, the gist of the message translated is
        "The man or woman who loses sight of human limitations and acts arrogantly and with violence, as if immortal. And pays a terrible price."
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Re: Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Resp

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
          At the CFC discussion board apparently Vlad took umbrage to my remark that I view the CFC's well known endorsement of Kirsan in exchange for $80,000.00 in tournament sponsorship as a bribe. A characterization and view that was originally posted here by CFC Voting Member Felix Dumont at the time of the deal. Here is my original post here that prompted Vlad's post.

Hers is Vlad's response on the CFC discussion board

Here are the basic points that I tried make on the CFC forum before they were edited out and then the thread was locked out.

1) In reference to Vlad"s remark that I am a "Kasparov apologist" i said that unlike him i am not an apologist for a corrupt ex dictator who's aides murdered an opposition journalist and is under sanctions for being a facilitator of ISIS transactions.
          Ad hominem attack check. I am not an apologist for anyone. You lost because you acted like a spoiled petulant child.

2) In reference to his accusation that the Kasparov deal with Leong is comparable to Kirsan using FIDE resources to selectively dole out sponsorship to Federations that endorsed him (this is why i view it as a bribe and not just a campaign promise) Kasparov's deal was fully financed by the Kasparov Chess Foundation and fully Disclosed.
          So your claim is that the Kasparov foundation was going to pay for the new FIDE office in Singapore out of its own funds? That seems a bit odd and would probably run up against some rules about charity spending. The deal was disclosed only after the New York Times broke the story. There were also claims as I recall that the disclosure was somehow involved the violation of someone's email.

Furthermore Vlad's suggested that as part of the deal a FIDE office would be set up in Leong's country of Signapore that would actually cost FIDE more then $500,000.00. This is pure conjecture on Vlad's part as a FIDE office could be set up for as little as $2,500.00 by simply legally registering FIDE with a local lawyers office in Signapore.
          So you think that FIDE could run all of its committees and commissions out of a lawyer's office for $2500. It would seem that would include the trainers commission, the arbiters commission and even the executive committee. It also said that the office would be headed by IL presumable Leong. What would be the logic of running those committees and commissions out of a Singapore lawyer's office? That seems a remarkable claim. How would Leong then be the head of the office? Would the committee members meet inside of one of this hypothetical lawyer's filing cabinets?

Furthermore Kasparov's billionaire colleague and chess patron offered to inject $10,000,000.00 into FIDE , a promise that was doubled by Kirsan and never kept.
          How can he keep the promise if he is on the sanctions list? Seems like you are advocating for people to break the law or at least the U.S. law.

3) Vlad continually insists that no member of his executive get's any benefits from FIDE on the basis that arbitration jobs are paid for by the tournament organizers. What he fails to state is Hal Himself stated to me that he gets paid jobs from FIDE as did CFC executive Fred Mckim on this very site. Not only that but during the 2010 FIDE election Karpov vs Krsan according to Kevin Spraggett Hal Bond himself declared he was conflicted out to participate, something not done during the 2014 FIDE election.
          Even if you are correct, which I do not believe based on conversations with Hal and my reading of NFP act government websites and the NFP act itself, doing work for FIDE as an arbiter would not create a conflict of interest. The conflict of interest would exist if Hal put the interests of FIDE above the interests of the CFC. The interests of FIDE and the interests of the CFC are shared interests as at least one of your sycophants in the peanut gallery has pointed out recently. Hal owes a duty of care to the CFC and not to the Kasparov campaign as you seem to hope for.
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Re: Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

Vlad don't misrepresent things I have said to you in private messages. Unlike the CFC forums you administer and abuse I can respond to your bullSh*t here. To be clear I told Vlad that since I am unable to properly respond to accusations of libel without those too being deemed libelous and deleted that he remove the thread entirely. My complaint had nothing whatsoever to do with Vlad's opinions on Kasparov's dealings and everything to do with Vlad denying me a response to his allegations. I also said that if I have to hire a lawyer to force the CFC to delete the thread that I would hold the CFC liable for the legal costs in doing this.
            It would be up to a judge to decide if we were liable for not allowing you to post libelous statements.

Note that I had no interest in the CFC's money simply the thread being removed
            Of course you are interested in censorship of my response to your libelous statements.

After I saw no response to this I further communicated to Vlad that I decided i would not take legal action but simply respond here on Chess talk where reasonable posts are not censored as I have done.
            Now that I have figured out a way around the block on Cogeco by Lunar Pages I will cheerfully respond to your poorly reasoned arguments here as well.

I also told Vlad that he simply is not worth it and his post above further cements my opinion of his worthlessness on the matter.
            You sure spend a lot of time haranguing someone who you repeatedly say is not worth it.

I also see that Vlad implies on the another thread in the CFC forum (that I am unable respond to) that I am somehow out to destroy the CFC. Nothing could be further from the truth!
            Of course you are only out to spread goodness and light <cough> sore loser <cough>.

In one of the posts I did that Vlad deemed libelous I simply pasted a reply from voting member Felix Dumont to Vlad's request to Felix not to call the CFC deal a "bribe". Even reporting what others have posted is libelous?
            Actually Sid you started out making libelous claims to which I responded. While you may be relying on U.S. interpretations of what constitutes libel you should know that standards in Canada are not the same as the U.S. where it is much harder to get a judgement. In fact in Quebec there is one decision that indicates you can be successfully sued for libel even if what you are saying is true.

(see below this is yet another example of what Vlad with his brilliant legal mind deems libelous) Vlad you refer to me as part of the lunatic fringe and libelous person?? You should look at yourself in the mirror. By the way I fully agree with Felix's opinion and none of your veiled threats in the CFC's forum will change my mind or intimidate me. This is how Vlad treats a past donor that has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the CFC.
            Yes, horrors I vote in the best interest of the CFC and not as that past donor commands me to vote. You said before that you gave $120,000 and now we are somehow up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

No need to reply Vlad, I am sure I am not alone in being sick from the aroma of your insipid posts. I wish the CFC the best and hopefully a better president some day.

Re : Re: Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?
            I hope so too in which case I won't have to deal with childish brats throwing temper tantrums because we didn't vote the way they wanted us to.

Comment

Re: Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Resp

How can he (Kirsan Ilyumzhinov) keep the promise if he is on the sanctions list? Seems like you are advocating for people to break the law or at least the U.S. law.
              Wow, there's an admission of failure if I ever saw one. Vlad Drkulec didn't even think of the scenario of Kirsan being sanctioned by the U.S. government! Vlad's eyes must have just went big seeing all that money coming from FIDE, and the deal was done! Well, I do recall that the possibility of Kirsan being sanctioned was part of the debate before that FIDE election, so this is all on Vlad. I was one who specifically predicted that the CFC would never see all that money, and my prediction was spot on.
              Only the rushing is heard...
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec
                Ad hominem attack, check. I am not an apologist for anyone.
                You were the one that attacked me as an "apologist" to start with and censored my reply on the CFC Forum, you unbelievable chickensh*t coward. You have been an apologist For the last 18 months, starting with your quotes in the Globe and Mail apologizing for Kirsans consorting with dictatators ("you attribute that to his "peaceful Budhist nature") apologizing for his delusional aliens as "someones crazy uncle" or your half baked moronic theory here on chesstalk that Kirsan need's to appear insane for defensive reasons. and finally saying that you don't believe the US Treasury dept was justified in sanctioning him. Oh and the fact that his aides murdered an opposition journalist while he was a dictator is something you imply we should all ignore.

You lost because you acted like a spoiled petulant child.
                I have not lost anything, The biggest loser is the CFC. The CFC lost a sponsor who has paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorship and assisted two Canadian players that became grandmasters. The CFC has tarnished it's reputation by endorsing someone who is a colleague of Putin, ex dictator who's under sanctions for facilitating ISIS transactions and lost an invaluable relationship with Garry Kasparov for chess in Canada.

The rest of your post and follow up post like the first sentence is not credible and is in fact a pile of incoherent bullsh*t that I am not going to waste time replying to. Whatever you think of my behavior is of no relevance whatsoever. My motives are not about wining or losing but trying to do great things for chess in Canada as I have done many times in the past. Thanks to you I have given up on chess in Canada. Congratulations Vlad you win!
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I have not lost anything, The biggest loser is the CFC. The CFC lost a sponsor who has paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorship
                  We lost that person long time ago, well before I returned to chess in 2007. HTH.

Comment

We lost that person long time ago, well before I returned to chess in 2007. HTH.
                    Sure, and my offers to get reinvolved were rebuffed by you, you moron.

Comment

Sure, and my offers to get reinvolved were rebuffed by you, you moron.
                      Your offer to me in that phone call we shared in April while you were in a cab presumably in New York was, "IF Garry wins the election then I will consider becoming involved in Canadian chess again." I still have the notebook where I recorded some notes about our conversation. As the qualifier to your statement about reinvolving yourself in Canadian chess was something which looked like a very low probability outcome (Garry winning the election), it had to be discounted by the appropriate amount. You did say that supporting Kasparov was the morally right thing to do. You asked us to involve ourselves intimately in the Kasparov campaign and nominate him by the week of May 1st. You said that Garry was leading in Asia and Africa (my information was that you were not correct in this assertion). You said that a win for Garry would have huge upside for chess, legitimizing it.

You may have amended this offer on chesstalk much later after the die had been cast and many words had been exchanged but by then the decision had been made and there was no going back.
                      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

You may have amended this offer on chesstalk much later after the die had been cast
                        Obviously you know that I clarified on chesstalk your misunderstanding that the offer was conditional on Garry getting elected. Furthermore Mig Greegard pledged unconditional support on behalf of Garry here on chesstalk, (even after you maligned Garry for many months). The only die that was cast was your ego to show who is boss. Like I said Vlad, congrats you won!
                        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Obviously you know that I clarified on chesstalk your misunderstanding that the offer was conditional on Garry getting elected. Furthermore Mig Greegard pledged unconditional support on behalf of Garry here on chesstalk, (even after you maligned Garry for many months). The only die that was cast was your ego to show who is boss. Like I said Vlad, congrats you won!
                          The maligning was mutual as were the attempts to undermine myself and Hal Bond with other members of the executive, in the media and on Twitter by people at times associated with and at times disavowed by the Kasparov campaign. There is no point in going over this ground over and over again. As long as I am able to respond to your provocations, I am able to defuse the intended effect of your posts and you will usually descend into incoherence and name calling. Most rational people don't understand my strong response here but I think it is important at this sensitive time to respond strongly. Until such time as some other substantial candidate emerges with an interest in becoming CFC president, you are stuck with me. The attacks by you and others simply postpone that day as you scare off potential replacements for me who don't want to deal with the insanity of chesstalk. If anything you are strengthening my hand and I really don't want my hand to be strengthened. I don't want to be president for life. Back off. If you want to get rid of me stop scaring off my replacements.
                          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Tuesday, 26th January, 2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

... If you want to get rid of me stop scaring off my replacements.
                            My God, that's brilliant! I would like to propose this receive the 2016 ChessTalk One-Liner of the Year Award! ;)

Comment

Chess Talk literary awards

Vlad Drkulec: " ... If you want to get rid of me stop scaring off my replacements."

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                              My God, that's brilliant! I would like to propose this receive the 2016 ChessTalk One-Liner of the Year Award! ;)
                              Don't rush to judgment! On this thread anyway, my vote SO FAR goes to the following contribution by Vlad "the Impaler" Drkulec ...

Originally posted by Vlad the Impaler
                              You sure spend a lot of time haranguing someone who you repeatedly say is not worth it.
                              But please. Let's give Sid and others a chance. There's always the possibility of some really, really inane remark that may evoke another gem from our beleaguered, but happily mischievous, CFC President.
                              Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Monday, 25th January, 2016, 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling
                              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                                It is not so much brilliant as it is reality. I get lots of people who send me email supporting me in my efforts and decrying the cesspool that chesstalk becomes at times. Sid is probably the only one that has some credibility in the non chess world so I do have to respond to him when he starts making the types of noises he makes. My alternative would be to become involved in a lawsuit but who really wants to make a bunch of lawyers richer when it is so easy to shred the logic and expose the lack of veracity of the detractors.

Its unfortunate what happened with Kirsan. He did a lot for chess. I hope he is able to clear his name. That said, FIDE continues forward without him for now. No self respecting person could vote for Kasparov based on the behaviour that his campaign exhibited and the pattern of behaviour of some of his supporters in Canada. It wasn't like it was an impulsive decision. There was a long drawn out discussion of the executive. Then there was the points where some of the governors who were Kasparov supporters tried to seize the right to make the decision. Then there was the campaign waged in the media and all of the threats. Well guess what, in most cases the threat is worse than its execution. The campaign in Canada drew world wide attention and I don't think that benefited the Kasparov campaign.

The governors were made aware of everything that was going on and they voted for the status quo. Then of course there was the late arm twisting of the executive that didn't go anywhere followed by the CFC election which once again just reaffirmed pretty much the same executive with the only change being someone who decided not to run.

Anyway all I really want to do is teach kids how to play chess and steer chess in Canada in the right direction to the best of my ability. Along the way I have upset some people. I understand and accept that. For those who have lost some battles and are vowing vengeance, you really don't understand what you are up against. I am forgiving but I am not stupid and I am quite stubborn. As Leonard Cohen said, "You know how to stop me but you don't have the discipline."

We live in some exciting times for Canadian chess. They are about to get more exciting. Lets move forward on this adventure together.

Comment

Working...
                                X