Any Legal Experts/Lawyers Here? (Not chess related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Legal Experts/Lawyers Here? (Not chess related)

Chess players are pretty smart right? Surely someone is a lawyer :P.

Quick question: I work as a paramedic up north. My employer just installed surveillance cameras inside our base which monitor the majority of the base, including one of the two sleeping quarters. Any law against that? I don't really like the idea of being watched while I sleep.

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Any Legal Experts/Lawyers Here? (Not chess related)

Matthew please check out the employment standards Act for specifics, Here is one link covering ambulance services:https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/060491

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
      I don't really like the idea of being watched while I sleep.
      Two cases:
      1. somebody really is watching how you're sleeping;
      2. somebody will watch a footage if something happens in your base; (most likely)

Long time ago I've read the case about cameras in gym change rooms. As I remember the judge allowed cameras be installed as there was a lot of steeling going on, though big posters about security cameras be hanged as well.

Are you a union member? They should have more resources to figure out what is legal and not; and what can be bent.

Comment

To avoid snide remarks pending this being resolved to your satisfaction, I suggest you keep your hands on top of the covers when you take naps. : /
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Please send me a private message, Matthew.

I could potentially help organize a class action.

Comment

Seriously guys? Lawyers? Class action? How about starting with something simple like talking to your co-workers, to see how many feel the same way, and then try talking to your supervisor. Maybe there's a really simple inexpensive solution. How about a hospital-style bed curtain?
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Peter is right.

First try to turn it around on them by wearing the following "glasses with eyeballs painted on":

Then the watchers become the watched!

Mavros

Comment

LOL! (I wish I'd thought of that) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
                  Chess players are pretty smart right? Surely someone is a lawyer :P.

Quick question: I work as a paramedic up north. My employer just installed surveillance cameras inside our base which monitor the majority of the base, including one of the two sleeping quarters. Any law against that? I don't really like the idea of being watched while I sleep.

Thanks,
                  Matt
                  I cannot help with your specific issue, but it is well known that there are many, many experts that post on ChessTalk... ;)
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

My advice, better call Saul.

Comment

Working...
                    X