Error in CCN 2015.07 (the most recent issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in CCN 2015.07 (the most recent issue)

There is an error in the most recent Chess Canada News sent out (dated 2015.07).

The game on page 66 between Anthony Maulucci and Dennis Shamroni - mentioned as being played in round 2 of the McGill Open on May 2, 2015 was actually played in the Ontario Open U2000 (in Brantford) - round 2, on May 16, 2015. Neither player took part in the McGill Open.

I already had the game in my database (CanBase), and I will find my source of the game if anyone wants it.

Re: Error in CCN 2015.07 (the most recent issue)

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    There is an error in the most recent Chess Canada News sent out (dated 2015.07).

The game on page 66 between Anthony Maulucci and Dennis Shamroni - mentioned as being played in round 2 of the McGill Open on May 2, 2015 was actually played in the Ontario Open U2000 (in Brantford) - round 2, on May 16, 2015. Neither player took part in the McGill Open.
    Thanks for pointing this out.

Not sure what happened here. Sometimes ChessBase goes screwy and gives a whole series of items the same value -- I've had it do that with "annotator" and "tournament" before -- but I usually notice.

Comment

Working...
    X