X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating Watches

Cheating Watches

March 3, 2016

I saw a discussion today on the English Chess Forum on "cheating watches". I did not know what they were.

I have just looked at amazon.com under that title to see if they are sold here.

The listing:

New 2016 Student 8GB cheating watch by MKSD

3.6 out of 5 stars 5 customer reviews | 12 answered questions

Price: $51.68

In Stock.

This item does not ship to Toronto, Canada. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally. Learn more

Sold by makesdo and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

This watch is specifically designed for cheating on exams with a special programmed software. It is perfect for covertly viewing exam notes directly on your wrist, by storing text and pictures in the 8GB memory storage. It supports various file formats, such as: TXT, MP3, JPG, GIF, WAV, WMV, AVI, etc. It has an emergency button, so when you press it - the watch's screen display changes from text to a regular clock, and blocks all other buttons.

Features: 3.5 Hours video playback time. Video formats supported: AMV, AVI (AVI files needs a conversion tool, but can be used on the PC tools ordinary AVI player to play). Music formats supported: WMA, WAV and more. Photo browser. Photo formats supported: JPG, BMP, GIF. Built-in FM Radio. Microphone recording. Text document reader. Ebook emergency button for exams. Supports 25 different languages. 8GB Memory storage.

Specifications: 8GB storage. + USB charging & data port. + 3.5 hours video playback time. Colors: Black

For student, cheating watch, exam cheating watch, 27 kinds of languages fit for most of countries

Others follow us sell may be fake and bad quality. Pls check seller is makesdo !!!
    _______

At Baku last year, the organizers took away the watches and pens of the participants and I thought that was a little much. That was to prevent the transmission, analysis and reception of moves, no doubt. Whether notes on a watch would be of any use during a chess tournament, I do not know. Comments?

See also:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35716523
    Last edited by Wayne Komer; Thursday, 3rd March, 2016, 04:47 PM.

Re: Cheating Watches

Jeez! What a pathetic, despicable species we are.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Re: Cheating Watches

There is an old thread in France about intelligent watch. They are not the only problem. All ipods, mp3 reader and ogg vorbis readers cause problem, because something far more useful then music could be recorded. It would be easy to hide a recording of opening moves among the songs and the arbiter cannot possibly listen at all the tracks on the players' devices.

Comment

Working...
      X