Dmitry Chernik 2038

Pre-register before Monday March 28
    info@annexchessclub.com
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Re: 2016 Toronto Closed

Bump. We're a few people short of being able to run a reserves section. Accordingly, we'll continue to accept registrations until Friday.

Register: info@annexchessclub.com

Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Longo View Post
        Bump. We're a few people short of being able to run a reserves section. Accordingly, we'll continue to accept registrations until Friday.

Register: info@annexchessclub.com

Tyler
        Hi Tyler:

According to the post one week ago, Wed., March 23, there were only 9 pre-registrations. Since the Championship section is an 8-player round robin, that means that at that time, the only Reserves entry was Dmitry Chernik (2038). Since then, who else is now pre-registered for the Reserves (your post implies you now have another couple; I can't see anywhere any updated pre-registrations list)?

I am already registered for the Monday ACC new swiss, but should I consider switching to the reserves if there are enough players? I'm not sure......depends on if you get 8 players, or if you got only 6 for example, would the Reserves become only a 6-player round robin? And what will be the strength in the Reserves vs the U 1900 ACC Swiss?

Let me know. Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          Hi Tyler:

According to the post one week ago, Wed., March 23, there were only 9 pre-registrations. Since the Championship section is an 8-player round robin, that means that at that time, the only Reserves entry was Dmitry Chernik (2038). Since then, who else is now pre-registered for the Reserves (your post implies you now have another couple; I can't see anywhere any updated pre-registrations list)?

I am already registered for the Monday ACC new swiss, but should I consider switching to the reserves if there are enough players? I'm not sure......depends on if you get 8 players, or if you got only 6 for example, would the Reserves become only a 6-player round robin? And what will be the strength in the Reserves vs the U 1900 ACC Swiss?

Let me know. Thanks.

Bob A
          Prereg list is updated regularly on the website: http://annexchessclub.com/2016/03/20...-championship/

Your other questions, tough to say. If we had 6 people in the reserves, we'd probably try to run it if there was interest from the players. We can put your name on the list for now if you'd like. Typically, the reserves has been 1900+ in the past.

Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Longo View Post
            Prereg list is updated regularly on the website: http://annexchessclub.com/2016/03/20...-championship/

Your other questions, tough to say. If we had 6 people in the reserves, we'd probably try to run it if there was interest from the players. We can put your name on the list for now if you'd like. Typically, the reserves has been 1900+ in the past.

Tyler
            Hi Tyler:

Looks good.......please put my name down for the Toronto Closed Reserves. I understand Rd. 1 is to be at Annex CC on Mon., Apr.4.

If the Reserves is going ahead on the Monday (6 or 8 player round robin), and I make it in (I will likely be the lowest rated on the pre-reg list), then I will have you withdraw me from the Annex CC Swiss, also starting that day, which I had already signed up for.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Bob A

Comment

and the winner is Mike Ivanov with 5.5/7. His tie breaks were better than Victor Plotkin. The third Mark Plotkin with 5/7.

Crosstable and games at http://annexchessclub.com/2016/03/20...-championship/

Comment

Working...
              X