Candidates Rd6 Aronian wins after Nakamura touched King...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Candidates Rd6 Aronian wins after Nakamura touched King...

Not a touch-move situation, but a similar type of incident.

Canadian content - from the World Blitz, Saint John, 1988 - Vaganian-Georgiev. Skip through to 34:45. A video replay was needed to resolve the dispute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fj-CUu4aRE

Comment

Originally posted by John Nguyen View Post
      It is true Nakamura never shook hands at the end. The CA had him sign his score sheet and he even grabbed it after and slammed it down by Aronian to get him to sign it too. By the way, first thing he did was get up and put on his jacket. Never once did he extend his hand out to shake Aronian's.
      This NOT true!. I was there when Naka played his final, rushed Rook move, leaving it askew. Aronian proceeded to call "adjusting" as he perfected the Rook placement. At that point Naka extended his hand in resignation. They shook. There were 4 signatures required on the two pairs of score sheets. Shuffle, shuffle Naka mumbles "ok, ok I am out of here". He really did his best to escape with face. I share Peter McKillop's sentiment.
      Last edited by Hal Bond; Friday, 18th March, 2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

It definitely looked different on the live feed. But there was also a lot of things going on and the CA did come in pretty quick. You would have the best vantage point of all of us Hal. Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
        X