The very final list for the National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The very final list for the National Team

If I or the exec have to choose the 5th players next time because no one wants to volunteer to serve on the committee next time due to being harangued on Chesstalk I am going to be annoyed. If you don't like the way the decision was made get involved, become a voting member and propose a change in the way we determine the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      I am going to...
      ...resign!

Or with hope:

...try harder.
      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 30th April, 2016, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
        Or with hope:
        I will..

...try harder.
        ... not to misquote people. ;)

Comment

If I or the exec have to choose the 5th players next time because no one wants to volunteer to serve on the committee next time due to being harangued on Chesstalk I am going to be annoyed. If you don't like the way the decision was made get involved, become a voting member and propose a change in the way we determine the players.
          There's nothing wrong with the selection process. Just the decision that was made in this instance seems curious.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
            There's nothing wrong with the selection process. Just the decision that was made in this instance seems curious.
            We will know in the aftermath if it was a curious decision or not. It is likely that the members of the committee considered information that is not known to the general public and the posters on chesstalk. We have to trust the process and the individuals that made up the committee who are all well regarded members of the chess community in Canada.

Comment

...resign!

Or with hope:

...try harder.
              There is no try. There is only do and not do. - Yoda

Comment

If you don't like the way the decision was made get involved, become a voting member and propose a change in the way we determine the players.
                How do I become a voting member?

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                  How do I become a voting member?
                  Get on the SWOCL candidate list, then this list is approved by the OCA, and finally by the CFC. You may go other way and try to be elected as one of the CFC Executive. There are several other ways to become a voting member too.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                    Get on the SWOCL candidate list, then this list is approved by the OCA, and finally by the CFC. You may go other way and try to be elected as one of the CFC Executive. There are several other ways to become a voting member too.
                    There are a number of positions which also come with the right to become a voting member. The easiest way is through SWOCL as usually there are more positions than people who want them. I suspect we will have more voting members this time as well as the numbers are up slightly. Running for President or Vice President, Treasurer, FIDE rep, Junior Coordinator would put you on the board. Alternatively if that is too much, there are positions like Publicity Officer or Women's Representative which carry voting membership.

Comment

Running for President or Vice President, Treasurer, FIDE rep, Junior Coordinator would put you on the board.
                      When is the CFC Annual General Meeting this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                        When is the CFC Annual General Meeting this year?
                        It will be in August after NAYCC.

Comment

According to the FIDE website

For clarity’s sake, the Organisers are covering the costs of accommodation for one Delegate, one Head of Delegation and two teams comprised of five players plus one captain each.

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...elegation.html

From the CFC handbook:

e) Nominations for Team Captains:

All nominations for Team Captains shall be submitted no later than 105 days before the start of the Olympiad.

f) Election of Team Captains:

The players shall submit their votes for Team Captains no later than 90 days before the start of the Olympiad.

g) Appointment of Head of Delegation:

The CFC Executive shall appoint the Head of Delegation no later than 75 days before the start of the Olympiad.

Any names for the team captain nominations? I'm assuming the delegate will be Hal Bond, CFC's FIDE representative.

Comment

Working...
                          X