Chess Supersite Launches This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

Chess Supersite is set to launch TODAY with a dazzling array of cash prize events: at 12:00 noon EDT, the site opens with the first Chess Supersite Grandmaster Invitational Tournament featuring Grandmasters Wesley So, Evgeny Bareev, Alexandra Kosteniuk and Irina Krush.

This event will also feature live audio commentary by legendary World Champion Garry Kasparov.

Even better, these games will feature for the first time our Choose Your Moves and Win! contest in which everyone (that means you!) will have a chance to win
    thousands of dollars in CASH PRIZES!

Next, Sunday March 27th at 1:00 PM EDT marks the first in a series of Chess Supersite Blitz Grand Prix Tournaments with a total prize fund of $30,000 and NO ENTRY FEES, OPEN TO ALL!

Chess Supersite is a state-of-the-art site where you can chat, play chess, view events, participate in a variety of tournaments and other competitions and enjoy many additional features and benefits (some being patented) making it a standout in the field of online chess.

Go to https://www.chesssupersite.com to register for free! Sign up this week and receive a free six month Platinum Membership which enables you to view and participate in all events and win cash!

Chess Supersite is a Reporting Issuer (CHZP on the OTC Market Group).
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; Saturday, 26th March, 2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I'm confused. A group of people put themselves 700K in the hole to start this chess venture, but forgot to spend any of it on a remotely-modern design? Not to be critical, but where did that money go? How are the executives going to pay themselves 100K a year?

How does this site differentiate itself from lichess/chesscube/chess.com?
      i rep back 3+

Comment

Take it easy! It is just a beta site!
        Last edited by Sasha Starr; Saturday, 26th March, 2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

At 12:15 too many connections and the server crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
            At 12:15 too many connections and the server crashed.
            The site launch has been moved to 2 pm Eastern

Comment

Thank you, Rene, for updating! When people are playing the games - everything is OK, however during the contest CHOOSE YOUR MOVE AND WIN the server crashed... Everyone will keep the Crowns won for the CASH Prizes! The new games will be played at 2 PM with a shorter time control: 15 min. + 15 sec. delay.

Comment

Yep, I strongly agree with your comment on user experience especially concerning the user interface (GUIs et al).

As a graphic designer who has done a sh*t load of HUDs, GUIs, and now FUIs, for some of the most popular online FPS and TPS games, I have first hand experience how important getting right brand indent can be. "Remotely-modern design" as you call it, is well worth painful upfront costly effort needed to carry the whole project, but perhaps the crew over at CS are going for a more the retro gaming experience?

I've seen lots of beta game site tech glitches come and go and are a big part of the process, but I have never seen a high quality gaming enterprise change its visuals/visual experience weeks into a launch ...beta or otherwise.

Brand acceptance is now the challenge. Hopefully collecting Crowns will carry their brand forward!

I'd rather scalp a GM!!!

;)

Comment

Neil, could you contact me at alexander.starr@gmail.com please?

Comment

Hi Sasha, email sent.

Comment

Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

Originally posted by Joel Stainer View Post
                      The website looks like an Angelfire page from 1997.
                      True. Angelfire like quality as well. The site is not working at 12:57 EST.

Comment

It's not just you! http://www.chesssupersite.com looks down from here.

Teething troubles, we hope.

Comment

Well, I see the site is back up, but has not been updated. Did the GM matches on Saturday actually happen? Results? Moves?

Did the online blitz tournament on March 27 happen? Who won?

Hmmm...

Comment

Re: Chess Supersite Launches This Weekend

Any report on how the launch went?? I seem to have seen (somewhere?) there were some teething problems on startup...
                            I notice this weekend is also the big US College Final four matchup with coverage by Irina Krush and Maxim Dlugy
                            apparently here starting Saturday, April 2 at 10 am Eastern Daylight Time

https://www.chesssupersite.com/video
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                            X