Canadian Closed - Open and Women and other tournaments - Questions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Closed - Open and Women and other tournaments - Questions ?

I have some questions :

1. Is there going to be a Canadian Closed - Open and Women section this year ?

2. Is there going to be Canadian Junior championship this year ?

3. Is there going to be an Ontario Girls championship this year ?

4. What are the criterias to organize the above tournaments ?

Re: Canadian Closed - Open and Women and other tournaments - Questions ?

I'd like to know about the Canadian Closed as well. I'd really like to play this year, assuming there's one to be scheduled.

Comment

It seems pretty unlikely there will be a closed this year as there's no championship cycle to qualify for (next world cup is in September 2017). I'd be happy to be wrong here, but I don't think the event is likely to be held in a non-zonal year especially given that it's already April.

In theory there should be a women's championship this summer to qualify for the knockout event in the fall (although an organizer hasn't been announced by FIDE for the knockout event yet).

The criteria to organize the above tournaments? Make a bid to the CFC and have it accepted (with the probable exception of the Ontario Girls' Championship).

Comment

Is there any update on a Canadian Zonal in 2017?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Humphreys View Post
          Is there any update on a Canadian Zonal in 2017?

Thanks.
          There have been no bids, so far.

Comment

Working...
          X