OYCC - the Ontario Youth Chess Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OYCC - the Ontario Youth Chess Championships

Once again, the OYCC is being held at Kitchener City Hall!
    This event is already shaping up to be another successful one this year!

Have a look: OYCC.ca ;) :D
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Re: OYCC - the Ontario Youth Chess Championships

The list of registered players is on the site and will continue to be updated as players register.

To register, click on "Register" on the left,

To see the list of already registered players, click on the "Registered" link on the left.

BTW: find us on Facebook too ... https://www.facebook.com/ontarioyouth/

Like us / Share us ... ;) :D
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald

Comment

2 weeks to go ... all players must be pre-registered - register now ... www.oycc.ca
      Also, visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ontarioyouth/
      Like and share please
      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      Patrick McDonald

Comment

Closing in on 100 players in the pre-registered list. The next few days are traditionally the heaviest for registrations coming in.
        ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
        Patrick McDonald

Comment

One more week to go until the Ontario Youth Chess Championships! www.oycc.ca and on facebook at www.facebook.com/ontarioyouth

Registrations are requested to be in by Monday!
          ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
          Patrick McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick McDonald View Post
            One more week to go until the Ontario Youth Chess Championships! www.oycc.ca and on facebook at www.facebook.com/ontarioyouth

Registrations are requested to be in by Monday!
            Your website says that entries should be in by Wednesday May 9th which might cause some confusion as Monday is May 9th. I have already posted something on the Windsorchess.com website warning stragglers of the May 9th deadline. I will send out an email blast as well.

Comment

It says Monday May 9th on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by William Li View Post
                It says Monday May 9th on the website.
                Yup, it does NOW, after people noticed the original error. I emailed patrick, as did other people, I'm sure.

Comment

John,
                  Actually, you are the only one that emailed me. (and, yes, thank you for the alert)
                  The Details page always did say Monday, May 9.
                  It was only the actual registration page that mistakenly said Wednesday May 9, which was corrected as soon as you alerted me.

Btw: it looks like we are breaking or tying 3 section records for the past 18 years, but falling just a few kids short of the overall registration record!
                  ;)
                  Last edited by Patrick McDonald; Tuesday, 10th May, 2016, 11:33 PM.
                  ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                  Patrick McDonald

Comment

Check the links above for results. I enjoyed my simul on Sunday and thanks to Andrew Peredun for entertaining the players on Saturday with his simul and fascinating analysis all weekend. The volunteers were treated well and we ended up on Sunday evening with a bit of bending of the elbow and vicarious conversation in good company.

Comment

It was great catching up with you in Kitchener. Sorry that I missed the bending of elbows but I had a ride waiting for me with a van load of kids and Dean Bui, one of many dedicated chess parents that helped make the OYCC a tournament that I haven't missed since my return to chess some eight or nine OYCC's ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                        Check the links above for results. I enjoyed my simul on Sunday and thanks to Andrew Peredun for entertaining the players on Saturday with his simul and fascinating analysis all weekend. The volunteers were treated well and we ended up on Sunday evening with a bit of bending of the elbow and vicarious conversation in good company.
                        Many thanks to Andrew Peredun and Hans Jung who as usual generously volunteered their time so that both spectators and some players (who finished their round quickly) got a chance to play a simul against a master level opponent. Both Andrew and Hans were accommodating by even offering their opponents choice of colours and openings for them to play, and were engaging and entertaining by at times explaining the current position and options available.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                          It was great catching up with you in Kitchener. Sorry that I missed the bending of elbows but I had a ride waiting for me with a van load of kids and Dean Bui, one of many dedicated chess parents that helped make the OYCC a tournament that I haven't missed since my return to chess some eight or nine OYCC's ago.
                          Its those kinds of parents that make teaching chess worthwhile. Keep up the good work Vlad!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                            Its those kinds of parents that make teaching chess worthwhile. Keep up the good work Vlad!
                            Yes there are many good parents. The Talukdar family gave me a ride up and even refused to let me pay for my portion of the hotel room. Given the difficulty of finding a hotel room I would likely have driven up on Sunday morning from Windsor but I was able to to be there for the whole tournament.

Comment

Working...
                            X