Karjakin's regimen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karjakin's regimen

'RBTH' reports on Karjakin's training regimen.

https://rbth.com/sport/2016/05/02/ke...-trains_585939

Re: Karjakin's regimen

Karjakin’s Regimen

June 28, 2016

Further on Karjakin’s WCC preparations in a recent interview:

https://chess24.com/en/read/news/kar...on-for-carlsen

Some excerpts:

Together with my team I’m preparing for a World Championship match. The very thought of that encounter forces me to work more fruitfully. Everything is now going according to plan. At the moment I’m at a training camp in the base of the Ministry of Sport on the outskirts of Moscow.

It was your second Shakhriyar Mamedyarov who won in Shamkir…

I’m incredibly glad about that. Shakh and I went for a walk almost every evening, we talked a lot, he introduced me to the local cuisine and we drank delicious Azerbaijan tea. So if he gave me an energy boost before the Candidates then I hope I’ve now repaid that debt. His finish was simply phenomenal, overcoming the leaders and his direct rivals Giri and Caruana.

Can you tell us directly about your preparation for the match with Carlsen?

Well, I definitely won’t tell you about any chess variations, but we’re paying a lot of attention to walks in the open air and football. We’re also closely following the Euros in France. We watched the last match – Hungary 3:3 Portugal. Spectacular! Though you couldn’t help but think that perhaps it was an arranged draw (laughs).

Apart from Dokhoian, Motylev and Potkin have you invited anyone else onto your coaching team?

For now we’re working in the previous line-up, but let my opponents guess whether I’ve got other assistants who are working remotely.

Many thought you wouldn’t meet Carlsen before the match. However, you’re going to play two classical games in July, in Bilbao…

Yes, Magnus and I are meeting in a World Championship match at the end of autumn in New York, but before that our paths will cross in the Bilbao Grand Slam supertournament. I couldn’t turn down the invitation, and neither could he. That shows that neither of us is trying to avoid meeting. In Bilbao we’ll both try to find out something about each other that we can then use to our advantage. And I suspect neither of us will play our main variations we’re preparing for the November match.

Comment

Working...
    X