GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL

Anyone see one lately? Just wondering if mine got lost in cyberspace?

Re: GL

Lyle Craver advised me on April 29 that he anticipated publication "mid to late next week", that is, the first week of May.

I guess that didn't happen.

Comment

Any semblance of democracy in the Federation is a sham.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
        The realization has been a long time a'coming. :D

On a constructive note, and you might want to make the suggestion to the other governors, I'd like to note what you call a part of the organization.

When I log onto the CFC web site, which I admit is not often, there are different sections. One is the Legacy Business Website. These days we tend to associate "legacy business" or costs with the auto companies.

Possibly change the name to something which better describes that section of the website.

Don't thank me too profusely. It embarrasses me. :)
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

And yet you remain a Governor.

Every year it is EXACTLY the same thing:

Mr. X "I'm planning to run for CFC President. A cornerstone of my platform is inclusiveness and transparency blah blah. CFC Governors have an important role to play blah blah the Executive and Governors work together blah blah partnership blah blah"

And every single year the Governors get all excited and vote in this new agent of change. And every single year they are duped, some get pissed off but still stick around and the next time it is EXACTLY the same thing.

I thought smart people were supposed to learn from their mistakes.
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

I'm just a slow learner, Tom.

Gary. We could rename the GL section the legacy site.

Comment

I'm just a slow learner, Tom.

Gary. We could rename the GL section the legacy site.
              I think it should be the main section. The page should be revamped to give it a clean modern look. The option to buy a membership should be more prominently displayed on the page.

The webzine page is priceless. I would never use a picture where it looked like the person was holding his head up with his hand so it wouldn't fall on the chess board. The picture itself is too grainy and unfair to the person, in my opinion.

I use dialup and the pages take a long time to load.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
              X