World Senior Team Championships ... Go Canada Go!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Senior Team Championships ... Go Canada Go!!!

Great job team Canada! Big kudos to Deen Hergott on his fab 2441 performance.

Comment

A very solid performance by our team. Tough loss in the last round did not allow a top-5 finish. Unfortunately, most of the players are not-active last few years (except J.Hebert), but managed to perform close or above their rating. I really liked round-by-round line-up decisions, which was looking logical and fair.

This kind of tournament is interesting and enjoyable if you have a good chemistry and mutual respect among team players. I truly hope it was the case for Canadian team.

Comment

I love what this team achieved, and I hope they had a wonderful memorable experience! :)

Comment

Only five losses in the entire nine round event for the whole team! That is incredible!!! (and two of those losses to the legends Vaganian and Yusupov!!) Canada played like an all GM team. (and I also note that the Ross brothers were undefeated) Maybe we need to send them to the Olympics. Congratulations for an outstanding result.

Comment

First the Rosses must meet the Selection Committee requirement of being inactive for a decade! :)
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
              First the Rosses must meet the Selection Committee requirement of being inactive for a decade! :)
              Good one :o

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
                A very solid performance by our team. Tough loss in the last round did not allow a top-5 finish. Unfortunately, most of the players are not-active last few years (except J.Hebert), but managed to perform close or above their rating. I really liked round-by-round line-up decisions, which was looking logical and fair.

This kind of tournament is interesting and enjoyable if you have a good chemistry and mutual respect among team players. I truly hope it was the case for Canadian team.
                I just got back.

Team chemistry was excellent. We originally decided to just alternate who would get the day off, but fatigue rather than illness was the ultimate arbiter.

The performances were generally good. I was a bit disappointed in myself, not so much for the two losses (the last one was dictated somewhat by the positions we had on the other boards), but failing to win at least two of the three games I drew was criminal. My games vs Brueggmann (who was 65 but looked like a phys-ed teacher) where I failed to win cost the team dearly.

In case anyone wants to create a team for next time some suggestions for a name:

Canuckleheads
                Four feet under (50+); Five feet under (65+)
                Grumpy Old Men
                No Country for Old Men
                Grumpier Older Menner
                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                  I just got back.

Team chemistry was excellent. We originally decided to just alternate who would get the day off, but fatigue rather than illness was the ultimate arbiter.

The performances were generally good. I was a bit disappointed in myself, not so much for the two losses (the last one was dictated somewhat by the positions we had on the other boards), but failing to win at least two of the three games I drew was criminal. My games vs Brueggmann (who was 65 but looked like a phys-ed teacher) where I failed to win cost the team dearly.

In case anyone wants to create a team for next time some suggestions for a name:

Canuckleheads
                  Four feet under (50+); Five feet under (65+)
                  Grumpy Old Men
                  No Country for Old Men
                  Grumpier Older Menner
                  Great post Tom, really happy for you guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X